What's new

Lost my all photos & videos (iphone 4) 4.3.3

kashsidd

Reaction score
Hi,
Well i am a new user in Iphone 4, Version 4.3.3. I tried to make a backup by using my friend laptop. i used itunes for the 1st time but i didn't knew his backup was already their. So unfortunately itunes did restore from a backup which belongs to my friend & i lost all my photos, Videos & all data :'( how can i get back my data ...will appreciate ur help.

If you have the files saved some where (maybe your computer) then you can use itunes again to restore or the files and settings to how you had it before.

If you backed them up from your own computer you will be able to retrieve them from there. Good luck

kashsidd said:
Hi,
Well i am a new user in Iphone 4, Version 4.3.3. I tried to make a backup by using my friend laptop. i used itunes for the 1st time but i didn't knew his backup was already their. So unfortunately itunes did restore from a backup which belongs to my friend & i lost all my photos, Videos & all data :'( how can i get back my data ...will appreciate ur help.

If your friend had automatic sync on. Then maybe your phone backed up prior to the mishap somehow. Restore the phone from your friends pc and when asked if you want to start new or from a backup see if your phone's name is in that list. Hopefully it will work out.

First off, kash..... re-read iCrank's reply again. It's very relevant.
Second, welcome to the world of iTunes. Or is it really Hell. Been there, done that.
Finally, before you do anything with iTunes and your iPhone, make a backup for your specific iPhone on that computer. Then you can play rather safely.

Well no i don't have any saved file...as i mentioned it earlier i used itunes for the 1st time :(..

Well thanks for your help :)

kashsidd said:
Hi,

If your friend had automatic sync on. Then maybe your phone backed up prior to the mishap somehow. Restore the phone from your friends pc and when asked if you want to start new or from a backup see if your phone's name is in that list. Hopefully it will work out.
Dear icrank...problem is that he & me both of us don't know how to use ITUNES :p & 2ndly it is showing USER's PHONE for both of us, so it is very hard for me to know which backup belongs to who? but i do rember the time :)...crank if i restore my iphone again i'll lose all my apps :( will i?

First off, kash..... re-read iCrank's reply again. It's very relevant.
Second, welcome to the world of iTunes. Or is it really Hell. Been there, done that.
Finally, before you do anything with iTunes and your iPhone, make a backup for your specific iPhone on that computer. Then you can play rather safely.
dear Ewyatt, this time i did the backup in my laptop. But my Q is if i messed up & need to restore my iphone will i get my all apps?

kashsidd said:
Dear icrank...problem is that he & me both of us don't know how to use ITUNES :p & 2ndly it is showing USER's PHONE for both of us, so it is very hard for me to know which backup belongs to who? but i do rember the time :)...crank if i restore my iphone again i'll lose all my apps :( will i?

Well if there's two try one. One of them has to be yours. Try the latest one. Yes you will lose your apps but that backup should restore your phone just like you had it

Right-Click your phone in the left-pane and select "restore from backup" a list should pop up with all the backup files you have in a dropdown menu, just select a backup from a date where you had your contacts.