What's new

lost iphone

apoel1986

Reaction score
my brother got his iphone 4S stolen...what can we do to find it?

icloud says its offline... is it possible to find it? or its forever lost?

apoel1986 said:
my brother got his iphone 4S stolen...what can we do to find it?

icloud says its offline... is it possible to find it? or its forever lost?

Did you brother choose to "Use Find My iPhone" when he was setting up the phone, and kept location services on?

If so, then once the device is connected to the Internet with location services on, then it will show up on mobileme.com.

But as long as the thief keeps location services off you won't be able to find it on the map.

Basically you just have to keep checking until you see it.

Do you have an iPhone or iDevice?

Download the Find My iPhone app on any of your devices, and log in with his account. Chance are it will say location disabled.

Toggle on the button that says email when found.

I'm pretty sure the email will go to or brothers Apple ID email address when the device is found.

Hopefully the thief does not know too much about iPhones....because if he does then you may never find it. I'm really sorry this happened to your brother.

Did you brother choose to "Use Find My iPhone" when he was setting up the phone, and kept location services on?

If so, then once the device is connected to the Internet with location services on, then it will show up on mobileme.com.

But as long as the thief keeps location services off you won't be able to find it on the map.

Basically you just have to keep checking until you see it.

Do you have an iPhone or iDevice?

Download the Find My iPhone app on any of your devices, and log in with his account. Chance are it will say location disabled.

Toggle on the button that says email when found.

I'm pretty sure the email will go to or brothers Apple ID email address when the device is found.

Hopefully the thief does not know too much about iPhones....because if he does then you may never find it. I'm really sorry this happened to your brother.

thnks for the quick reply ... well i guess he is

Last edited by a moderator:
any chance to replace it through the apple store? its insuranced in the UK

Contact the police to report the theft to log it and get a crime number.

Contact your network to provide the crime ref number and ask them to block your sim and iPhone.

Unfortunately the findmyiphone capabilities are limited.

Send it a message offering a reward and a public place to meet.
Then lock and remote wipe it {if it ever comes back online.

The remote lock is not instant so anyone seeing you do this only have to put it into dfu mode or turn it off.

In my opinion there should be a separate security lockout so only the owner can turn off the location services !
Im not sure if a tweak exists for jb iPhones.

Consider it as lost and claim on any insurance you may have.

Last edited: