What's new

Lost IPhone 4- want to recover!!! $100 cash reward

Status
Not open for further replies.

modestmaya

Reaction score
I am hoping someone will either know what to do or where to send me.

I screwed up recently... pretty badly. A cab driver pulled over to let me out while STOPPED IN TRAFFIC and I was rushing under pressure from him and left my GD IPhone4 in his cab.

That was 2 days ago. The phone has been turned off ever since.

I didnt have any "tracking" apps on it or MobileMe or anything like that... which i should have, but I cant go back and do it over. If I could, I would not have left it in the first place.

Is there anything I can do to get my phone back? i have called Apple and AT&T, and without having something already installed on the phone, they cant "track" it, either.

I have changed the outgoing voice message on my voicemail and monitored the call history to see if the phone is being used, and all is well at this point. I want/need this phone back. I lost all my numbers, the 600 photos on the phone, and my entire address book. I am a devastated jackass.

If anyone has ANY ideas, please let me know. I will pay $100 cash (via paypal) to anyone who gives me the key to the return of my phone.

-mj

im sorry bro, i cant really think of anything that could help you at this point, i hope everything works out for you

That's a sad story... I recently sold a phone on eBay that got "lost in the mail" just ended up calling it a loss. I don't want to seem like the bad news bear here but unfortunately all the person has to do is remove the sim and restore and it's no longer "your phone" They can insert their sim and you'll never know. Sorry for your loss next time be sure and sync everything to your pc and purchase insurance that covers theft. Most iPhone tracking apps can be disabled very easy... Besides you don't want to get beat up chasing a guy that stole your phone down a dark alley.

That's a sad story... I recently sold a phone on eBay that got "lost in the mail" just ended up calling it a loss. I don't want to seem like the bad news bear here but unfortunately all the person has to do is remove the sim and restore and it's no longer "your phone" They can insert their sim and you'll never know. Sorry for your loss next time be sure and sync everything to your pc and purchase insurance that covers theft. Most iPhone tracking apps can be disabled very easy... Besides you don't want to get beat up chasing a guy that stole your phone down a dark alley.

How they can insert their sim and I will "never know?" where do they get their service from?

How they can insert their sim and I will "never know?" where do they get their service from?

AT&T they just insert their sim in and the phone operates off that account. So your account appears to not be used but that really has no connection to the phone after your sim is removed.

I take it you don't know the name of the cab company..? have you called the police. Not knowing who you are they might have handed it in.

really the only thing you can do is send an sms to it, and call it letting whoever finds it know thats its yours.
Maybe write a contact number and say that its being tracked so the person is more willing to call ou up and hand it over. other than that theres really nothing else i can think of man. best of luck

what a sad story...hope u will get back your iphone....good luck....

banner.png

AT&T they just insert their sim in and the phone operates off that account. So your account appears to not be used but that really has no connection to the phone after your sim is removed.

you dident send it recorded delivery?

Sorry to hear this bro next time let Fonehome b the first app u install it tracks ur phone using the gps does not matter if they remove ur sim gps is still the same

If they turn it off then any tracking apps wont work. All someone has to do is keep it turned off throw away the sim then restore it first chance they get.

I dont know about America, I'm sure they will have somthing similar to the UK, the phone, if reported stolen, can still be blocked by it's IMEI no. making it useless to anyone...

yeah with 4.2.1 find my iphone is FREE so i hope if you get another the first app you put on is that one.... but more so i hope u find it or some one gives it back

If they turn it off then any tracking apps wont work. All someone has to do is keep it turned off throw away the sim then restore it first chance they get.

I dont know about America, I'm sure they will have somthing similar to the UK, the phone, if reported stolen, can still be blocked by it's IMEI no. making it useless to anyone...
+1
There is an IMEI number on your phone. You can call Apple or ATT to find out (if you still have the invoice). Ask ATT to block it for you to at least render it useless.

+1
There is an IMEI number on your phone. You can call Apple or ATT to find out (if you still have the invoice). Ask ATT to block it for you to at least render it useless.

Unfortunately, once they remove your sim it's no longer "your phone" and AT&T cannot do anything to stop them from using it with a sim on their account.

Status
Not open for further replies.