What's new

Lost default weather app! How do I get it back on home screen?

Ptatgelucas

Reaction score
Hi, is there a quick and easy way to get my weather app back? It's the one that came On my iPhone 4--yellow sun on light blue background and a permanent 73 degrees on top layer. Apparently deleted it by mistake and miss it. Don't see it in App Store.
I'm on the road in SE Idaho with intermittent Internet access.
Thanks!

You can't delete it. It's a native app. You might have accidentally dragged it onto a folder.

Go to the first home screen (search) and type "weather". That will verify that it exists, then all you have to do is find the icon.

Settings>General>Reset>Reset Homescreen Layout.... this will jumble the organization for the rest of your apps. However, it will bring your stock weather app back from wherever it's hiding. :)

Thank you both for the good advice. My weather icon's back. Now could someone tell me how to get rid of those nasty double-digit temperature predictions? It's way too hot here in the high desert!

Ptatgelucas said:
Thank you both for the good advice. My weather icon's back. Now could someone tell me how to get rid of those nasty double-digit temperature predictions? It's way too hot here in the high desert!

Haha. I'm in Slave Lake, Alberta. Just over a year ago this town burned to the ground with flash fires. It's as hot now as it was then.