What's new

Lost Contacts

TKPianoman

Reaction score
I have had my iPhone4 for 3 weeks now and up until yesterday had no problems. I synced my phone yesterday afternoon and today when I went into my contact list many of my contacts were gone and I had a whole bunch of contacts that got added from my Google email contacts. I sync my phone almost daily and this is the first time this has happened. Is there any way of restoring my contact list to what it was or at the very least getting my phone contacts back that are now gone? Am I going to have to manually add my contacts back?

If you still have them on the phone you should be able so sync and select the "merge" checkbox on iTunes. (bottom of the info tab I believe)

It seems that when I downloaded iTunes 10 and synced my phone all of my contacts were replaced with my Google contacts and my phone contacts were removed. Fortunately I kept a record of them just in case and was able to manually restore them. It appears that a box was checked under info that allowed iTunes to replace the contacts on my phone with the contacts in Google. I have unchecked that to prevent that form happening again. I appreciate your help.