What's new

losing the unlock possibly forever ?

pinic

Reaction score
"DO NOT USE LIMERA1N IF YOU USE THE ULTRASN0W CARRIER UNLOCK — wait for PwnageTool to incorporate the limera1n exploit. This is so that you can avoid updating your baseband and losing the unlock (possibly forever)." quoted from "http://blog.iphone-dev.org/"

Whats the meaning of losing the unlock (possibly forever)
if I already run updating from ITunes, and my firmware updated to 4.1, Does it mean I can not unlock my IPhone at all ?

I don't know, I am curious too!!

From what I read, they all say the same thing DO NOT USE ULTRASNOW, if you used limerain

Last edited:
it means exactly what it says. dont update because they have not unlocked the newer baseband, so you should wait to use a tool they release that will be able to hold off the bb update otherwise you will lose your unlock for who knows how long, but they always say possibly forever and then manage to unlock newer baseband. but it just means you have to play the waiting game for unlock tool... sucks having a locked iphone doesent it ;p

it means exactly what it says. dont update because they have not unlocked the newer baseband, so you should wait to use a tool they release that will be able to hold off the bb update otherwise you will lose your unlock for who knows how long, but they always say possibly forever and then manage to unlock newer baseband. but it just means you have to play the waiting game for unlock tool... sucks having a locked iphone doesent it ;p

Ahh so what they mean is that dont update to 4.1 without preseving the baseband of 4.0.2 got IT

Ahh so what they mean is that dont update to 4.1 without preseving the baseband of 4.0.2 got IT

exactly, though if you already officially updated with itunes then your stuck until the newer baseband is unlocked, could be a long wait. so thats why they say dont use limera1n if you care about unlock

exactly, though if you already officially updated with itunes then your stuck until the newer baseband is unlocked, could be a long wait. so thats why they say dont use limera1n if you care about unlock

They should have explained that, it creates confusion for the most folks.

They should have explained that, it creates confusion for the most folks.

i thought it was pretty clear the way they said it. but now you know :) but dont worry they always say this possibly forever rubbish then they work a way to unlock it its just a matter of how long