What's new

Looking to track OWN location as i walk/run/travel

jlb

Reaction score
Hello iphoneforums!

Does anyone know of an app that will track (save) the location of my phone periodically? Either by uploading it to a server or simply providing it as a file on the phone's filesystem.

I know that old versions of the iOS software did that automatically, but I'm looking for an app with this feature. I see there are many jogging/running apps that do something similar; however, I would like something very minimal to run in the background taking snapshots of the location data every few minutes (or even hours).

Thanks in advance

use find my iphone.. its free now and uses google maps to track your phones location you can login to mobile me from your computer and track its every movement and even send it messages or wipe its data or send messages or make it beep...

use find my iphone.. its free now and uses google maps to track your phones location you can login to mobile me from your computer and track its every movement and even send it messages or wipe its data or send messages or make it beep...

Will I be able to see a "history" of my iphones locations with this or does it only show the current location? (I'm looking for something with a history.. ie something that can display where my phone has been on a map)

Cheers!

a you want to see where its been.. no find my iphone just shows current location

Get iOS 4.3.2 into your device, it has that tracking feature by default. You can google to find out how to locate the recorded tracking file saved in your device.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Get iOS 4.3.2 into your device, it has that tracking feature by default. You can google to find out how to locate the recorded tracking file saved in your device.

I have gone down this avenue but haven't found any good ways to visualize the data. Could you recommend any?
Also, I would like to upgrade my iOS and so this won't be a viable long term solution.

Ok have a look at this website here see if it helps.