What's new

Looking for iPhone 6 Plus case that holds phone in otterbox

compiler

Reaction score
The subject kind of says it all. I have an iPhone 6 Plus that is in a otterbox. I would like to find a holster-like case that will sturdily clip on to my belt in a secure fashion. When I search on google, I either get an otterbox or a case that is basically an otterbox knockoff. I already have the otterbox. I'm looking for a case the would hold the phone while the phone is in the otterbox.

Ideas/suggestions?

Oh, I also would like to keep the price well under $20!

Mel

The subject kind of says it all. I have an iPhone 6 Plus that is in a otterbox. I would like to find a holster-like case that will sturdily clip on to my belt in a secure fashion. When I search on google, I either get an otterbox or a case that is basically an otterbox knockoff. I already have the otterbox. I'm looking for a case the would hold the phone while the phone is in the otterbox.

Ideas/suggestions?

Oh, I also would like to keep the price well under $20!

Mel
Which OtterBox case do you have? I have an OtterBox Defender and it comes with a holder that clips to the belt. OtterBox also sells cases and holders for some of its cases on its website.

Last edited:
Scifan:

Thanks so much for the quick reply. I bought this iPhone about 6 weeks ago via Craigslist. It came with the OtterBox. The back is smooth, no clip, and it says "Otter box" on the bottom.

Would it say "defender."

Mel

A Defender case won't say so on the case. Does it look like this on the back?
image.jpeg

If it's a Defender, they sell the belt holders for $14.95 on their website.

VERY similar. Mine is a light tan color.

Are they sold in stores? The easiest way might be for me to just check things out that way

Mel
You could check the stores first but all I've seen personally in stores are the cases complete with the holder. I haven't seen the holders for sale separately.

Is it 3 pieces? A rubber case over a hard plastic two piece front (with screen cover) and back? Or is it a slip-on one piece that just covers the sides and back?

I have two Otterbox cases for my 6S plus, the one on the left (one piece - no belt clip ) and the Defender on the right (3 piece 2 white 1 gray) with the clip above.

Edit: here's the picture and left is on top somehow [emoji15]
60fb953a5f67c95abd4e5f8a507f761f.jpg

Scifan:

Thanks so much for the quick reply. I bought this iPhone about 6 weeks ago via Craigslist. It came with the OtterBox. The back is smooth, no clip, and it says "Otter box" on the bottom.

Would it say "defender."

Mel

Sounds like you have the Commuter case series. Check on otterbox's website to see all of the different cases and holsters they offer. I do not believe the commuter series has a holster option.

Not sure how you upload an image that magnifies when you click on it.
I took the picture with my iPhone and then d/l from icloud to my computer. It was a .png format (I am used to .jpj)

Not sure how you upload an image that magnifies when you click on it.
I took the picture with my iPhone and then d/l from icloud to my computer. It was a .png format (I am used to .jpj)

That's a commuter series case. I do not believe there is a holster for it.