What's new

Looking for Car holder for iPhone 4s for use with navigation

Ashenor

Reaction score
Hi,

Any good vent clips or holders you guys use for the iPhone 4/4s? I am using my 4s with no case but would like to mount it in something while driving. Thinking about buying the Tom Tom navi software tonight.

Thanks for the help

I would just used the ones they sell for the windshield or even a dash mount. You can find them in any retail store that sells the Iphone.

Anyone use a vent clip one that is decent? I have a tinted windshield so rather not stick it to that and would like it a bit closer.

Make sure you connect it to a cig lighter out let in the car as the battery will drain. GPS even on Satnavs pulls lot of power.

Proclip works well however I personally did not like the clip on vent area but that depends on your car. I used the window mount with pass through connector for power to cig lighter also make sure you buy the holder that supports covers

Check out brodit clips expensive but easy to fit & remove without damage to car etc, also with a move clip you can fit from car if you use more then 1 regularly.

Sent from my  iPhone® using Tapatalk

i would refrain from vent clips. i don't know where you live but it gets hot here and sometimes i can get some condensation on my vents and would not want that blowing on my iPhone.

I bought one of these at WalMart a while back but can't find it on their website. I used exterior grade double face tape to affix it to the dash between 2 of the vents. You don't even have to slide the phone all the way in if you want to access the home button as it stays in place. Relatively inexpensive and works like a charm.

| O'Reilly Auto Parts

i would refrain from vent clips. i don't know where you live but it gets hot here and sometimes i can get some condensation on my vents and would not want that blowing on my iPhone.

Never had an issue with Brodit clip over the vents and have used these for over 5 years with various different phones.

Sent from my  iPad® using Tapatalk

I did not like the suction cup windscreen mount type as whenit gets hot it always falls off. I have improvised on a cheap one that workswell for me. I use mine always invertical format and my iphone 4 also has a Mophie battery case on it. That holder has a rubber lining inside, I hadto remove it because the Mophie case makes the phone bigger. That kind of holder is available at Kmart.

http://farm7.static.flickr.com/6218/6290394496_4905de2c61_b.jpg

Last edited: