What's new

Looking for an iPhone SE case that...

Traijan

Reaction score
Hi,
I've currently got a otterbox case for my iPhone SE. I took it off this morning due to being a bit overzealous with the BBQ sauce last night at dinner.

Well, with it off I see that the thumb print reader works perfectly. It doesn't work at all for me with the otterbox case.

So I'd like to find a case that isn't terribly bulky, will allow proper use of the thumbprint reader and has unfettered access to all connections and buttons while still providing exceptional protection to the phone. Also if possible as an added bonus, I wouldn't mind if it was able to double as a wallet to hold up to 9 credit cards/license etc as well as some cash.

I've been looking around but haven't spotted anything that really fits the bill.

Caseless is the only way I roll.

The gorilla glass will hold up pretty well against non-intentional scuffs and rubs.

If you need a solution to carry around your license, health card, 9-12 credit cards, cash, some coins - I'd suggest a wallet.

Hi,
I've currently got a otterbox case for my iPhone SE. I took it off this morning due to being a bit overzealous with the BBQ sauce last night at dinner.

Well, with it off I see that the thumb print reader works perfectly. It doesn't work at all for me with the otterbox case.

So I'd like to find a case that isn't terribly bulky, will allow proper use of the thumbprint reader and has unfettered access to all connections and buttons while still providing exceptional protection to the phone. Also if possible as an added bonus, I wouldn't mind if it was able to double as a wallet to hold up to 9 credit cards/license etc as well as some cash.

I've been looking around but haven't spotted anything that really fits the bill.

I bought this case about 3 months ago and have been very happy with it. It does not carry 9 credit cards. It has slots for 5. Which, when you consider the size of the SE, is a great capacity. There is also a pocket for storing other things. The phone is completely surrounded by hard leather. So I believe it gives good protection. It is a bit expensive, but I think well worth the investment.

I also have a Zagg screen protector on my phone for added security.

iPhone SE 5 5s Leather Wallet with Rear Pockets [Handmade] [Custom Colors]

My Ballistic TJ Maxx case has a hole where the home button is so the thumb scanner works and as an added bonus it lets all manner of dirt, crumbs and hair get under the screen saver to provide added entertainment.

I have two cases, first one is UAG but my little son chewed it off [emoji23] so I bought a ProGear DualTek
IMG_4170.JPG

IMG_4171.JPG

I just saw this, so I'm a little late and you probably have already resolved your issue. I use Otterbox Defenders on all my phones. Anyways, I can't stand not feeling the screen. The screen protector on the Otterbox is the only thing I don't like. Anyways, before installing Otterbox, just push out the clear screen first and you'll have unfiltered access to thumb print, screen, etc., and still have all the drop protection.

Hi,

Just go to Amazon and order the clear cover from, Speck. Great unit and not bulky at all.

Old Goat

I did the same thing. I removed the plastics screen protector off the Defender and slapped a tempered glass screen protector on my phone. Now my phone is bullet proof.

SVP

Get a lifeproof case. They are completely waterproof, protect your phone, and are not bulky.

I life-proofed my 5S for a while, very hard to use the phone as neither I or the person on the other end could hear very we'll because of the 'waterproofing'
I normally use a waterproof case only when using my iPhone where it could get wet in the rain.