What's new

Looking for an APP

David Birley

Reaction score
As mentioned elsewhere, I am an old dude college student. One of the fringe benefits at Winthrop is that for $20 a semester I have a Personal Trainer. Cute kid too :). Anyway, she has been nice enough to give me a listing of the various toys I play with in the weight room, individual weight settings, number of reps to a set, and number of sets to a machine. I have transcribed these onto a business card-sized paper which I then laminated, and can carry with me as I do the session unattended. Here is an example of a typical entry:

Tricep Pulldown 3/10 60

That means, on the Tricep Pulldown machine, do 3 sets of 10 reps at 60 lbs. weight setting. At present my card has 9 exercises on it, and from time to time my PT adds something new, or changes a weight or number of reps. If I could put what is on this card onto my iPhone 5, I could carry that with me for my thrice weekly workouts, but when changes happen, I could change them easily on the phone rather than printing up a new card and laminating it. I strongly suspect that someone somewhere has already created an APP that is designed to do exactly what I want. Any suggestions?

I use the note pad app that came with my iPhone but there are also numerous free notepad apps that may work for you. I use mine for things such as things-to-do-today list, grocery lists, etc. Just search for free notepads in the iTunes App Store... Hope this helps... :)

Ah -- well, I guess I'm as dense as can be. I'd never before figured out how to use the Note Pad APP that came with the phone, but thanks to the little prod from you, I fired it up, and it turned out exactly what I was looking for! [for which I was looking -- sorry :)]

Yep. It's handy for a lotta things. Like you, I'm an old dude too (just turned 78 on 11/3) and I find I have to make lots of notes to myself. I've also learned that there is an app for just about anything one can think of (of which one can think). And, tightwad that I am, I tend to always look for the 'free' apps first.

Glad I was able to help. Have a great day... :)