What's new

Locked 'zoom-in' screen

flemrow

Reaction score
Hi there,
New to this forum and the iphone4. Happily progressing along the apple family with my imac (4 years), macbook (6 years), ipod shuffle (3 years) and apple tv (2 months). Looking for help with the phone :iphone4vert: which has locked itself in a 'zoom' mode. Still able to navigate slowly around the screen but unable to zoom out and get full functionality back. Any help would be welcome.
Thx

Double tap the screen with 3 fingers to return to normal. Or, double tap with 3 fingers and hold at the top of the screen and drag down to zoom out. In normal mode double tap with 3 fingers at the bottom of the screen and drag up to zoom in. This can be disabled in Settings > General > Accessibility > Zoom = off.

I now have an iphone 5S and this is STILL a problem. I just went and turned off Zoom in Accessibility now. So what is Zoom for then?????I see I can still zoom without it being turned on. So what is the purpose?

I now have an iphone 5S and this is STILL a problem. I just went and turned off Zoom in Accessibility now. So what is Zoom for then?????I see I can still zoom without it being turned on. So what is the purpose?
The zoom feature in accessibility is not the same as pinch zooming with your fingers. To zoom with the accessibility one you tap the screen with 3 fingers twice. Twice again to zoom back out. That feature is for those who may be handicapped. I like it to zoom on Facebook. You can't turn off the pinch zoom.