What's new

Location Services in Roaming?

Knut

Reaction score
When I am in Roaming I want to use appl that needs Location Services. Am I going to be charged for using this when I receive monthly bill, at home? As far as I know, among other things, Location Services (iPhone) is asking local gsm operator's Base Stations for its current precise location - is this charged by operator?

Nope. location services are used in different way, by different apps. Mstly to assure that you get service from the "closest" server near your location for faster speeds. Sometimes they are used just for location based ads. depends.
But you should keep locations services on. One day you may regrest truning them off.

You locations is not always being monitored. You location is used "only" when you are using the app that needs your locations services.

You can see excatly when an app is using your location by a status abr icon. looks like a small arrow.

Settings> Location Services> System Services> toggle "status Bar Icon" on.

Also toggle status bar icon on in "Find My iPhone" tab in Location Services.

Now you will always know when your location is being used, as the icon will show beside your battery, or battery percent.

Ok, i understand. I just want to be sure that none of operators do not charge this service while I am in roaming....

Knut said:
Ok, i understand. I just want to be sure that none of operators do not charge this service while I am in roaming....

Nope. No extra charges.

Plus you can always turn voice roaming off. Then run it on when you suspect you need it.

Settings> General> Network> Voice Roaming on/off toggle.