What's new

liquid detection alert?

crimsoncloud

Reaction score
Has anyone ever gotten the "liquid detection alert" to stop charging their phone, and if so how long did it take before you could use your phone again?

I am in a bit of a pickle because I got this alert at a time when my phone is on the brink of shutting off because of low battery, so I cannot use my phone and nor can I charge it.

So far as I know my phone was not exposed to any liquid. It was in my coat pocket beforehand. I guess there is a chance it somehow came into contact with something wet without my being aware of, but if so it could not have been much.

It has now been 4 hours since I originally got this alert. I just tried to charge a few minutes ago, but the alert is still there.

Any feedback or advice you can offer would be appreciated!

Has anyone ever gotten the "liquid detection alert" to stop charging their phone, and if so how long did it take before you could use your phone again?

I am in a bit of a pickle because I got this alert at a time when my phone is on the brink of shutting off because of low battery, so I cannot use my phone and nor can I charge it.

So far as I know my phone was not exposed to any liquid. It was in my coat pocket beforehand. I guess there is a chance it somehow came into contact with something wet without my being aware of, but if so it could not have been much.

It has now been 4 hours since I originally got this alert. I just tried to charge a few minutes ago, but the alert is still there.

Try turning the crown, this should pump the water out.

Here’s what Apple has to say about the liquid detection alert. It offers several ways to mitigate the problem.