What's new

Law Enforcement - How do you use your iPhone?

GilmoreD

Reaction score
Other than to make calls and surf the internet, how are other LEO's using apps on your iPhone FOR YOUR JOB?

What other hardware do you have connected to your iPhone? (Keyboard, etc???)

What are you favorite L.E. apps?

Do you have your phone in a mount in your squad?

Thanks in advance... Be safe.
Deputy Dave
####################
I have CopLogger for tracking calls. I have the VIN Scanner, although alot of area in my County doesn't have internet, so I can't use it.
Because it's sooooo quiet in my County, I use my iPhone to play my podcasts through my squad (am/fm) radio - late at night.
I love having Field Contact. I monitor the preditory offenders in my County and use that app to maintain details on them.
I have some medical apps for identying pills... but again, I don't have good internet coverage.
I'm thinking about getting a wireless keyboard to enter info into CopLogger easier.
I also use Google Voice to call people without giving out my actual Cell Number.
When I'm out of cell coverage, I use Vonage to make calls in a WiFi area, when I can find one.

Last edited:
To protect citizen's rights [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LdkJxw1mPoM"]YouTube - ‪Guy on wheelchair taken down by officers‬‏[/ame]

I was mainly looking for responses from Law Enforcement Officers. I would appreciate my thread NOT being hijacked by people with thoughts about the Police - either good or bad.

Dave

People that surrender freedom and liberty to temporary safety deserve none and will not be given any. We had more freedom in soviet union at the end of 80s than now in USA. I left just in case it gets really bad, Germany 1939 type of bad.

People that surrender freedom and liberty to temporary safety deserve none and will not be given any. We had more freedom in soviet union at the end of 80s than now in USA. I left just in case it gets really bad, Germany 1939 type of bad.

??? Are u sure???

Ok let's keep our personal opinions to our self. The op has a concern and let's try to help a fellow poster.

My work is upholding law in a Defence Force aspect and use a blackberry for work actually...... *shock*