Latest iPhone 5 News Says its Coming in September, and Will Have A5 Chip

Maura

iPhoneForums.Net News Team
Staff member
Reaction score
A5_chip.JPG
[FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Another day, another credible-sounding iPhone 5 rumour! Today’s story is from Bloomberg, whose sources have word that the new iPhone will be an iPhone 5, that it will be arriving in September, and that it will have Apple’s much more powerful A5 processor, which is currently powering the iPad 2. According to Bloomberg’s two sources, who it says are familiar with Apple’s plans, the new iPhone will also have an 8-megapixel camera. Interestingly enough, the sources don’t appear to have any knowledge on the actual shape and look of the new phone, or whether or not it will have an edge-to-edge screen or tear-drop shape, as reported yesterday. All these things are all still possible of course, as neither report seems to contradict the other, with yesterday’s report dealing more with the next iPhone’s outer appearance, and today’s report being more about the processer. As a footnote, Bloomberg says that its source for today’s story has also confirmed that Apple is testing the next iPad with a higher resolution screen, similar to the iPhone 4’s Retina display. [/FONT]

Source: Apple Preparing Faster IPhone for September - Bloomberg

we will see, looks like the devs are calling it iphone 5 though. but for them to be able to show us a jailbreak then they must have a device already, for the mygreatfest in the uk the first jailbreak gathering in london. but thats if its released in August they say, i hope it is.

we will see, looks like the devs are calling it iphone 5 though. but for them to be able to show us a jailbreak then they must have a device already, for the mygreatfest in the uk the first jailbreak gathering in london. but thats if its released in August they say, i hope it is.

Ok then, let's wait and see.

not sure i am even going to buy one though.. if its good i might end up selling my iphone 4 to buy one.

not sure i am even going to buy one though.. if its good i might end up selling my iphone 4 to buy one.

Man we are in the same boat. I will sell mine also if the desing of that new iPhone blow.

If it is a complete redesign I'll be selling the 3GS. The mrs can have the 4 and I'll be getting the new one factory unlocked this time.

I think the jailbreak is based on the iPad 2's upcoming hack. I guess we will have to wait after iOS 5 and the iPhone 5 are released before we see a jailbreak for the iPad 2...

If it is a complete redesign I'll be selling the 3GS. The mrs can have the 4 and I'll be getting the new one factory unlocked this time.

I think the jailbreak is based on the iPad 2's upcoming hack. I guess we will have to wait after iOS 5 and the iPhone 5 are released before we see a jailbreak for the iPad 2...

yeah i never sold any device before or have an ebay account so it might not be easy for me to get rid of it... but thats if i decide to buy it, after 2007 when there was no such thing as a factory unlocked device i decided to never buy it locked again, in 2008 for the iphone 3g they where introduced and after i bought one i thought to myself i will never again buy one locked its going to be sim free or nothing at all no matter the cost.

i think it will be 499 and 599 again, hopefully cheaper though as ill get around 400/500 for my current one if i am lucky. then pre order the 5 like i did with the 4. I got plenty of money to just buy it now but thats money im saving to buy a car i dont like to spend it lol

yeah we will see the ipad 2 jailbreak as well if they both have the A5 chip and from posix's tweet they have it jailbroken and waiting to see if its released in august so they can show every one it working at the jailbreak meeting in london. but if its not worth buying or has not many extras then there wont be any point going through the hassle of trying to sell it

I sold my 3GS last year for £350. That was locked to vodafone. I used the money to pay of my contract given all the problems I was having with it. I then went and got my iPhone 4.

I've just got a text this morning form my network saying my unlocking request has been granted. So if I do decide to by the iPhone 5 I hope I'll get close to £400 for the 4. £100 odd isn't too bad for a brand new iPhone...

I sold my 3GS last year for £350. That was locked to vodafone. I used the money to pay of my contract given all the problems I was having with it. I then went and got my iPhone 4.

I've just got a text this morning form my network saying my unlocking request has been granted. So if I do decide to by the iPhone 5 I hope I'll get close to £400 for the 4. £100 odd isn't too bad for a brand new iPhone...

not bad at all especially sim free... i think i will make a youtube video put the link on ebay and put a buy now price of £450 and a starting bidding price of £400 but last time i tried that i got these nigerian scammers who pressed buy now so i have to spend extra so that if they press buy now you have to pay before it lets you buy now... i got reported as a scammer from a nigerian scammer and ebay closed my account.. imagine that some nigerian sending me fake money orders and i get my account cancelled!!

thats a good amount for the 3gs you got though and this time it will even be unlocked to all networks so i bet you will get at least £400 for it. i will wait for after steve announces it and see if its worth going through the hassle. i always love upgrading iphones though. i had my phone a year tomorrow and still loving the 4 and am happy with it.

Lol. eBay are quite usless when it comes to fakes and scammers. I've sold a few things on eBay and had a couple non payments. Nothings happens to the buyer but as the seller you still get charged the listing fee and have to list it again. It's a nightmare if you've got an auction that lasts 5 days and the winner doesn't pay. Takes at least a week to sort out then you've got to put it back up for another 5 days.

I sold my 3GS to a shop. He almost took my hand of for it. Lol. I'll be going back to him this year if the new one is worth buying...

Looks like I'll keep sitting on my upgrade for Verizon. They're begging me to burn it and grab a new phone. This is the first time I can recall that I'm actually waiting to get a new phone. I've got the Droid Incredible now (wife has the iPhone 4) and I doubt seriously I'm staying with the Android line. The Galaxy SII was the only thing catching my eye but still no word on it hitting Verizon. The new iPhone is winning out very quickly.

Well ! Finally new Phone got the name iPhone5.Apple has announced that iPhone5 will be released in September 2011 and will have more additional and advanced feature. definately iPhone5 will have the 8 megapixel camera and may be it woll have new currv or tear drop shape, which will differ this iPhone5 compare to others.