What's new

Latest iBooks Update Detects Jailbreak and Prevents Access to iBookstore Downloads

Maura

iPhoneForums.Net News Team
Staff member
Reaction score
iBooks_jailbreak.JPG

MacRumors covers a report today on the Social Apples blog that outlines the strange effects that the most recent iBooks update appears to be having on jailbroken iPhones. According to the story, the update identifies if a phone has been jailbroken, and then will not open any content on that phone that has been previously purchased from the iBookstore. The Social Apples blogger writes that his iPhone had been jailbroken with GreenPois0n, and that since installing the latest iBooks update, he had been unable to open his iBooks collection. This has since been confirmed by jailbreak writer @comex, who says that if you try to open content from the iBookstore that has been embedded with digital rights management code, the latest version of iBooks will run tests to see if your phone is jailbroken. If the tests prove positive, you’ll then be unable to open any of your iBooks, even if you’ve already paid for them. The only way to remove the block, as advised by a warning message from Apple, is to restore your iPhone, thus removing the jailbreak.

Source: iBooks 1.2.1 Detects Some Jailbreaks, Disables iBookstore Purchases in Response - Mac Rumors

wow....i dont like the sounds of that.

what if they put some crap like that on the app store?
that would make everyone have to restore to factory to use any apps on the phone?
or sacrafice being able to download any new apps or update for apps already on the phone.

i really hope these fine jailbreakers and unlockers will figure a way around this one

i cant have a locked down phone like that...it just cripples the iphone

indeed... this issue is worth watching... I'm sure there will be a workaround for this bulls*t stupidity... i say pois0n the whole f*g apple cart ... hell... the whole Cupertino orchard...