What's new

Kindle

iHolophyte

Reaction score
Here's one that rocks my
Boat. Why is it every kindle advert never actually shows you a kindle working but only a screen with chapter 1? Are kindles that rubbish/boring that it's much more exciting to show you a dummy model? It's like doing an advert for iPhone 4s turned off! When I see the advert it actually makes me less want one then to jump up and shout "I'm off to the shops honey, one needs a kindle cos the advert makes it look brilliant" NOT!

Sent from my iPhone 4 iOS 5.0.1 using Tapatalk

Well the commercials for iDevices are simulated screen images, but I see what your driving at. :D

The kindle just isn't a desirable product to me. The commercials really don't make me want one either. If I was wanting an e-reader, I'd go ahead and step up to a tablet and get an iPad2. I can see how it'd be good for kids though.

Well the commercials for iDevices are simulated screen images, but I see what your driving at. :D

The kindle just isn't a desirable product to me. The commercials really don't make me want one either. If I was wanting an e-reader, I'd go ahead and step up to a tablet and get an iPad2. I can see how it'd be good for kids though.

Yeah, but at least with the iDevices they actually stimulate it working but at a higher speed. The kindle doesn't show anything other than a plastic tablet with absolutely nothing going on with it. If I was the kindle head I'd sack the guy who designed the commercials. 😁

iHolophyte said:
Yeah, but at least with the iDevices they actually stimulate it working but at a higher speed. The kindle doesn't show anything other than a plastic tablet with absolutely nothing going on with it. If I was the kindle head I'd sack the guy who designed the commercials. dde01

your just becoming a grumpy old man lol!

kindle offers a sort of plain paper experience, has phenomenal stand bye time due to it's display design, not that i'm up for one personally but he other half reads loads of books, makes it very cost effective.

your just becoming a grumpy old man lol!

kindle offers a sort of plain paper experience, has phenomenal stand bye time due to it's display design, not that i'm up for one personally but he other half reads loads of books, makes it very cost effective.

It's not about me being a grumpy old man, although I'll admit I am ha ha. It's about as you say it has phenomenal experiences. If so why can't the advert show us this instead of nothing! Unless that's how an electronic book system should be shown! Does it have colour? Do you flick the screen to turn the page? Can you bookmark with a fancy bookmarker? This grumpy old man does not know because kindle will not SHOW us!

I have a Kindle also and absolutely love it ! IMHO it's much better than the iPad to read books , which I do a lot of for long stretches of time ...

My qualm isn't about how good or bad the kindle is. My qualm is about kindle doing a decent advert/ commercial to show us how good it is rather than fob us off with an advert that shows us nothing. It's about kindle taking the money yet can't be bothered to show the public what it can actually do. We all know kindle is pretty good but just show us that. It's like showing you a rolls Royce on bricks. You know the rollers good but would be nice to see that!

IMO i think that they dont show much on the kindle advert because compaired to an idevice or anyother tablet it doesnt do much.. I bought my mum one for her birthday recently and it honestly just does what it says on the tin. This isnt a diss on the kindle btw i think they are great for people that do alot of reading and cant really fault it judging it being fit for its purpous.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

IMO i think that they dont show much on the kindle advert because compaired to an idevice or anyother tablet it doesnt do much.. I bought my mum one for her birthday recently and it honestly just does what it says on the tin. This isnt a diss on the kindle btw i think they are great for people that do alot of reading and cant really fault it judging it being fit for its purpous.

Nice answer 😄

Haha im sure there will always be somthing to moan about if compairing it to an idevice

I moan in my sleep about moaning in my sleep so yeah bring on the iDevice ha ha