What's new

Just read iphone 6 plus

funroman

Reaction score
Bends if left in a pocket 4-6 hours. That's not sitting on it etc.
Scary stuff to me. Don't don't know if I'll buy one now.

03hdfatboy

Reaction score
That sounds like some android fanboy bs to me. Just my 2 cents. It's made of glass, when's the last time you bent glass?

Reaction score
I'd wait to see if this is actually a thing vs some random people reporting it before one gets all bent out of shape.

heh...see what I did there?

Shark5150

Reaction score
Yeah. It is a thing. I watched a video where they showed how the phone bends. Do a search on Google. Many sites including Imore have it.

bear7962

Reaction score
I'd wait to see if this is actually a thing vs some random people reporting it before one gets all bent out of shape.

heh...see what I did there?
In May I was getting a new IP5 on Applecare and the other person waiting has his 5S. His complaint was his phone was curving from sitting in his pocket. I asked the Genius @ it-lott of 5 & 5S have this issue.

Thomasjtsi

Reaction score
Before you know it they'll be calling this issue "Bend-gate." LOL! I, too, watched several videos today where people were testing the bending properties of the iPhone 6 Plus. It seems that there is a weak point in the aluminum body at the bottom edge of the - volume button. In reality, though... it's 'aluminum...' it's going to bend.

I should also add... all reports and video tests I've seen have made mention that this truly depends on how tight your pants are. So, an iPhone 6 Plus + skinny jeans... I'd say it's a no go. But really... why would you want to wear skinny jeans anyway??? LOL!

RandyM

Reaction score
Having it in a good case should prevent the "bend gate" scandle

I agree I'm waiting on a Otterbox defender case I usually use the clip on the case holder and clip it to my front pocket or belt. I wonder if it does bend does it effect the metal on the iPhone where the glass connects to it at all or if the glass flexible too

luis0321

Reaction score
It bends without a case, seems like a good case will solve the problem. Still might be a deal breaker for me, happy t-mobile didn't have them on launch day or I would of bought one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Most reactions

Latest posts