What's new

Just read iphone 6 plus

funroman

Reaction score
Bends if left in a pocket 4-6 hours. That's not sitting on it etc.
Scary stuff to me. Don't don't know if I'll buy one now.

That sounds like some android fanboy bs to me. Just my 2 cents. It's made of glass, when's the last time you bent glass?

I'd wait to see if this is actually a thing vs some random people reporting it before one gets all bent out of shape.

heh...see what I did there?

Yeah. It is a thing. I watched a video where they showed how the phone bends. Do a search on Google. Many sites including Imore have it.

I'd wait to see if this is actually a thing vs some random people reporting it before one gets all bent out of shape.

heh...see what I did there?
In May I was getting a new IP5 on Applecare and the other person waiting has his 5S. His complaint was his phone was curving from sitting in his pocket. I asked the Genius @ it-lott of 5 & 5S have this issue.

Before you know it they'll be calling this issue "Bend-gate." LOL! I, too, watched several videos today where people were testing the bending properties of the iPhone 6 Plus. It seems that there is a weak point in the aluminum body at the bottom edge of the - volume button. In reality, though... it's 'aluminum...' it's going to bend.

I should also add... all reports and video tests I've seen have made mention that this truly depends on how tight your pants are. So, an iPhone 6 Plus + skinny jeans... I'd say it's a no go. But really... why would you want to wear skinny jeans anyway??? LOL!

Having it in a good case should prevent the "bend gate" scandle

I agree I'm waiting on a Otterbox defender case I usually use the clip on the case holder and clip it to my front pocket or belt. I wonder if it does bend does it effect the metal on the iPhone where the glass connects to it at all or if the glass flexible too

It bends without a case, seems like a good case will solve the problem. Still might be a deal breaker for me, happy t-mobile didn't have them on launch day or I would of bought one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk