What's new

Just me...

Diffie

Reaction score
:iphone4vert: Hi All,

I'm Diffie (or Lon - real name). I joined the forums here so that I have a place to look for answers to questions that I have about the iPhone. My questions have probably already been asked by someone else and answered, so I thought this would be a good "first stop." Although I've been a Microsoft user since the early 1980's, I love my iPhone. I had a 3gs and now a 4. However, I'm waiting for bigger changes to the iPhone before making my next upgrade rather than moving to the 4s.

The iPhone has made big improvements in my life for being such a small device. I have a condition called hydrocephalus which causes symptoms that include short-term memory deficits. Thanks to the iPhone, I no longer need to carry a notepad with me to record everything that I need or want to remember. I can now record life events, thoughts, and conversations with pictures, notes, voice recordings, etc. It's great to immediately place appointments in my calendar which I can now carry with me wherever I go. Sorry, I don't mean to sound like a commercial. However, as someone who has difficulty remembering something as mundane as picking up a loaf of bread on the way home, the iPhone makes me a more reliable person. That makes me a happier person.

Anyway, I'm glad to be a part of this community and hope that I can be of some help to others as I also look for assistance.

Best to All,
Diffie

G'day & welcome to the forum!!! :)

:iphone4vert: Hi All,

Hello Diffie ! and welcome.

I'm Diffie (or Lon - real name). I joined the forums here so that I have a place to look for answers to questions that I have about the iPhone. My questions have probably already been asked by someone else and answered, so I thought this would be a good "first stop." Although I've been a Microsoft user since the early 1980's, I love my iPhone. I had a 3gs and now a 4. However, I'm waiting for bigger changes to the iPhone before making my next upgrade rather than moving to the 4s.

You have come to the right place! what ever questions you may have then ask and we shall be able to help you. You are right with not upgrading! The upgrade is like the 3G to 3GS, the device is basically the same just with hardware changes and a S on the end so it also feels like you would be buying the same phone again for some and for others who are happy with the design and either want more space or are happy about 8mp camera or other features like for me I really like the 64GB version and would be the only reason to consider the upgrade.

The iPhone has made big improvements in my life for being such a small device. I have a condition called hydrocephalus which causes symptoms that include short-term memory deficits. Thanks to the iPhone, I no longer need to carry a notepad with me to record everything that I need or want to remember. I can now record life events, thoughts, and conversations with pictures, notes, voice recordings, etc. It's great to immediately place appointments in my calendar which I can now carry with me wherever I go. Sorry, I don't mean to sound like a commercial. However, as someone who has difficulty remembering something as mundane as picking up a loaf of bread on the way home, the iPhone makes me a more reliable person. That makes me a happier person.

That is really good to hear this type of thing where it helps in this way and makes you happy, this is the sort of story steve would have read out at his keynotes or had on advertisements :)

Anyway, I'm glad to be a part of this community and hope that I can be of some help to others as I also look for assistance.

Best to All,
Diffie

Glad to have you part of our forum and I hope you find the answers to your questions.

Hi Diffi and welcome,

Good to hear technology is easing your life, I'm absent minded (proven by a negative brain scan lol!), have issue that if I make an appointment for next Thursday, my Brain cell alters it to Wednesday, so the calander to me as you is vital.

As you learn this device you will get more benefits from it, I always considered the iPhones expensive, which they are but the apps are relatively cheap and make it a very diverse adjustable platform way beyond what you could be convinced of, even by a fanzine lecture :).

Enjoy your device and the boundless knowledge available in here, the members are really patient and the moderators are quick to act on any silly comments, so have no fear to ask - we all started somewhere (under a bush in my case).