What's new

Just How Did Apple Fix the White iPhone 4?

Maura

iPhoneForums.Net News Team
Staff member
Reaction score
white-iphone-4.JPG

So now that all signs seem to be pointing to the fact that the white iPhone 4 will be going on sale very soon, MacRumors has been investigating how Apple managed to solve the manufacturing problems that led to such a long delay before the phone was finally ready for release. Although Apple never actually officially admitted to any specific problem with the white iPhone 4, MacRumors says that the main theory was that the type of paint that was being used on the phone’s case was causing light to seep out through the painted surfaces.

So how did they manage to fix it, then? MacRumors points to a story on Macotakara that reveals that a genius Japanese company has come up with a way of controlling the application of white paint on the iPhone 4, and that, it would seem, has completely solved the problem.

So there you have it! Something’s clearly done the trick, as there’s no doubt whatsoever that the arrival of the white iPhone 4 is imminent.

Source: New Painting Process Solving White iPhone 4 Problems? - Mac Rumors

I don't see this being the reason for such a long delay just over paint. I guess it's possible though. I would assume they never fixed the problem with the earlier Iphones if their still having the same problem?