What's new

just got my new iphone s4

pjunkie

Reaction score
and would like help in getting Siri to get me good dirictions to places. also is the directions that i get with Siri simular to the Gps directions that you get in a car that give you all the details right to your destination?
thanks

and would like help in getting Siri to get me good dirictions to places. also is the directions that i get with Siri simular to the Gps directions that you get in a car that give you all the details right to your destination?
thanks
i think it depends what part of the world you live in,here in Britain we don't have that in siri yet.

It will give you directions but does not have turn by turn voice navigation out of the box. You have to download a separate app for that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bmahony said:
has this been released yet

There is a tweak in Cydia rite now that allows the Maps.app to give turn by turn directions by voice.

The tweak is called "Aloud".

Tiler02 said:
What is Cydia and how do you find that tweak?

Cydia is an application that is an alternative the the AppStore.

There is only one way to get Cydia.

Jailbreak.

That is what Jailbreaking is. The installation of Cydia.

Jailbreaking does NOT mess up your devices. I mean unless you cannot follow simple instructions. The reason people may tell you Jailbreaking will mess up your phone is because
:
A) They have no idea what they are talking about,,,and just telling you what they heard

Or

B) they installed incompatible/conflicting tweaks without checking out what they are installing...basically foolishly installing just "whatever" from Cydia. Not everything is made for your iOS version, or model..or even an iPhone at all. Some are iPod only tweaks...some iPad only tweaks. Some are specifically made for older deceives. All you have to do is a little research on a tweak you may want to install. That way your sure it works. As long as you do that,,.your device will be awesome.

Go to YouTube and search "Aloud Cydia Tweak". To see what it does.

That Maps.app turn by turn was recently added so it may not show in the video unless it's a newer video.

Here is also a cheesy video called "100 Reason to Jailbreak":

www.youtube.com/watch?feature=endscreen&NR=1&v=fZoqW-GEdQM