What's new

Jumping ship.

roger25186

Reaction score
As a former iPhone (iPhone 3 and 4) and lately android user, I am coming back to iPhone with a 7 plus. While I liked my Samsung S7, I want a larger screen. I just hope to find most of the same apps that I have been using or something similar.

As a former iPhone (iPhone 3 and 4) and lately android user, I am coming back to iPhone with a 7 plus. While I liked my Samsung S7, I want a larger screen. I just hope to find most of the same apps that I have been using or something similar.
Welcome back to the iPhone family. If you remember your Apple ID and password, you'll also still have access to all the apps you purchased the last time you were an iPhone owner.

No, I don't remember my old login & password. I just created a new one. I have D/Led a lot of the apps that are on my S7, except for some specific android & Samsung apps.

BTW, thanks for the welcome.

I don't usually welcome back sellouts, but in your case I'll put you on probation.

Hope you stick around this time.

Welcome back! Congrats on the new 7!

There are no shortage of apps in the App Store, I'm sure you'll find what you're looking for. Glad we won you back from the dark side :D

I picked up my 7 plus today, the matt black. So far I had a little bit of a learning curve coming back from android. I got my Gear S2 sport watch to sync up with the phone. Installed a lot of my old apps, which work fine. I had to re-enter my contacts (fortunately I had a old printout of them), unfortunately they were not saved to the sim card, live and learn I guess.

I picked up my 7 plus today, the matt black. So far I had a little bit of a learning curve coming back from android. I got my Gear S2 sport watch to sync up with the phone. Installed a lot of my old apps, which work fine. I had to re-enter my contacts (fortunately I had a old printout of them), unfortunately they were not saved to the sim card, live and learn I guess.
Congratulations on your new iPhone, Anything you want know just ask.

Welcome to iPhone Forums.
If you still have your old phone, Apple has a free app on Google Play that's designed to facilitate moving most of the info from your Android phone to an iPhone, including contacts. Move to iOS - Android Apps on Google Play

Just go to forgot.apple.com and they will walk you thru the recovery of all your log in information. Hope this helps

As a frequent Apple-Android-Apple-Android-Apple switcher, may I say welcome back to the Lightside!

You'll notice right off the bat that the "Android" lag is real and it's gone with the iPhone.
You'll also notice right off the bat that Steve only wanted users to use the phone his way, so forget about looking up your favorite launcher. (Funny thing is, last time I went Android, I found an iPhone skinned launcher and used it.) :eek:

Have fun and enjoy it. Maybe you want to look into upgrading your watch to an iWatch? :p

I took my contacts from my Android Note5 and turned them into the Apple format then exported them via email to me desktop and then opened my iCould then installed them there, and in turn my iPhone 7 downloaded them to the phone it self

I took my contacts from my Android Note5 and turned them into the Apple format then exported them via email to me desktop and then opened my iCould then installed them there, and in turn my iPhone 7 downloaded them to the phone it self
I use Google as my contacts on both iOS and Android.. This way I have them no matter which handset I use...