What's new

jailbroken iphone 4 4.3.3 help restore

stickerhappy85

Reaction score
please can anyone help me restore my jailbroken iphone 4 firmware 4.3.3. btw, is it possible to restore my iphone to ios 6.0? i have already downloaded ios 6.0 firmware. tried to restore using the option + restore in itunes but it keeps showing the " this iphone isnt eligible for the request build. tried editing the hosts file but same result. also tried the pwned dfu but still no progress. my itunes version is 11.1.1. do i have to download the previous versions of itunes? anyone please?

please can anyone help me restore my jailbroken iphone 4 firmware 4.3.3. btw, is it possible to restore my iphone to ios 6.0? i have already downloaded ios 6.0 firmware. tried to restore using the option + restore in itunes but it keeps showing the " this iphone isnt eligible for the request build. tried editing the hosts file but same result. also tried the pwned dfu but still no progress. my itunes version is 11.1.1. do i have to download the previous versions of itunes? anyone please?
Do you have blobs for iOS 6.0? Without blobs, the only iOS version you can restore to is iOS 7.0.4.

Blobs are unique to each device and can only be saved when the iOS version in question was still being signed by Apple.

Do you have blobs for iOS 6.0? Without blobs, the only iOS version you can restore to is iOS 7.0.4.

Blobs are unique to each device and can only be saved when the iOS version in question was still being signed by Apple.

i have blobs for 6.0.1. and 6.1.2. do you have a link on how to change custom firmware using blobs?

i have blobs for 6.0.1. and 6.1.2. do you have a link on how to change custom firmware using blobs?

Here's a guide that lists 3 methods. Note that if your blobs were auto-cached by Cydia, they will most likely not work because APTicket caching was not introduced in Cydia until the 6.1.3 period. If you're unsure and currently running Windows, I would highly recommend that you use iFaith to downgrade as it has a built-in verification process that makes sure that you have proper SHSH blobs and APTickets

Here's a guide that lists 3 methods. Note that if your blobs were auto-cached by Cydia, they will most likely not work because APTicket caching was not introduced in Cydia until the 6.1.3 period. If you're unsure and currently running Windows, I would highly recommend that you use iFaith to downgrade as it has a built-in verification process that makes sure that you have proper SHSH blobs and APTickets
i think you are right that my blobs were auto-cached by cydia. thanks for the link. it looks like it is impossible for me to upgrade from 4.3.3 to ios6. did anyone here try OS7 on iphone 4? does it make the phone slow? i want to upgrade coz apps in 4.3.3 are very limited. btw, i'm using mac osx 10.8.3.tnx

Last edited:
do you guys recommend ios 7.0.4 on iphone 4?

Last edited:
The iPhone 4 has a slightly different version of iOS 7 to remove all the resource demanding aspects of iOS 7 such as parallax and transparency/blurriness in a lot of the UI. Other than that, it works fine. As expected, bootup will take a little slower, and other aspects of daily use will be slightly slower, but it won't be like comparing the iPhone 2G to the 5S in terms of heavy difference.

ios 7 on the iphone 4 does run slower than 4.3.3. ios 7 will be able to do everything you could on ios 4 however when you upgrade to ios 7 the apps upgrade to ios 7 design and for some reason run very slow. The facebook app takes about 25 seconds on the new version, the old version loaded like instantly. if you decide to upgrade i recomend backing up the old versions of apps you use before updating so that if you dont like the new versions you can go back.

^^ actually i only use my phone for calling ang texting. no apps installed except for fb. all my apps are in my ipad4. i will be giving this phone to my mom coz i'm buying the 5s. she doesn't care about what's the latest. she just wants camera 360 installed which requires ios5 up. if only there's a way i can install camera 360 on 4.3.3 without updating......

Last edited:
Apps that require iOS 5 are targeting the iOS 5 API. Since there's no way to emulate the iOS 5 API on iOS 4, no, there's no way to run it on iOS 4.

which gives me no other option but to update to the latest firmware. but the problem is itunes keeps on dropping my downloads. i've been trying to download the firmware update thru itunes since yesterday but whenever my download reaches 500-800mb itunes suddenly stops downloaing and gives me an error message ""There was a problem downloading the software to the iphone . The network connection timed out." have to restart all over again. i attempted to restart 5 times but same result. maybe my phone doesn't want to get updated.hehe but my connection is good. no internet drop. i tried updating itunes to 11.1.3 and also my mac os to 10.8.5 but still itunes keeps giving me the same error. what could be the problem?

what's the difference between gsm and gsm world unlock? how would i know which one to download?

Last edited:
GSM is standard in most countries. GSM world devices are mainly Asia-origin devices but they can be obtained worldwide as well.

If you can, turn off your network router for a few minutes for it to refresh, then turn it back on and retry.

Sent from my iPad Mini via Tapa