What's new

Jailbroken iOS 7 even after OTA update 7.0.6

zaitmi

Reaction score
Hey Guys,

Just happy to inform i have jailbroken my iphone 5 ios7.0.6(OTA updated), it worked. Thank God. I was scared that it might dont work but it did in 1 shot.

I love clock hide and themes.:). i hate ios 7 icons.:( how can i get my old icons back.:(

They said its very risky "- Warning! Over The Air updates of iOS 7 are known to create an issue and make the jailbreak fail. Some devices are then stuck on the Apple Boot Logo. Please restore your device to 7.0.6 with iTunes first." But it worked.

But my backup is not working properly. i mean all apps(watsapp skype etc) are gone even after restore though contacts calendars notes are upto date. think i need to download the apps again.:(

wait restoring again 5 mins...let see...hmmmm...sorry agn. no apps. Plz help.

hey just it u need to sync it with apps and they come back. yaaaaay.

Last edited:
1 thing i forgot to say that i did set to factory setting via deleting everything then i jailbroke then restored. Erasing everything is very important.

Me - updated from 7.0.4 to 7.0.6!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OTA updates meaning through Settings does not go well with Evasi0n7. If you updated via iTunes's Check For Update by custom selection of an IPSW, then yes you're safe to jailbreak. Some users have successfully jailbroken their devices despite it being OTA, but that's just luck.

Last edited:
I updated jailbroken!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

no its vice versa u need to update via OTA then jailbreak. mine worked like this.

u should try like this method.

Last edited:
no its vice versa u need to update via OTA then jailbreak. mine worked like this. u should try like this method.
Not recommended, as almost anyone who tries it has any number of problems in trying to jailbreak.