What's new

Jailbreakme gave me Cydia, but no network unlock

Dunsby

Reaction score
Hi all,

I've used jailbreakme and its jailbroken the phone fine, its the iphone 4.

For some reason i cant use the Orange network simcard i have in it? Works in my old iphone fine.

Any suggestions ?

much appreciated. thanks.

Hi all,

For some reason i cant use the Orange network simcard i have in it? Works in my old iphone fine.

Any suggestions ?

Hello and welcome..... simply jailbreaking your phone will not unlock it... you need to go into Cydia..and install ultrasn0w - this will then give you the unlock...

Done, thanks, im new to this, didnt really understand!

Done, thanks, im new to this, didnt really understand!

everyone has got to start somewhere right?, glad you got it working man, haha mostly all the stuff i have learned are off of youtube, so if you cant get any answers to something you can try to search it on youtube

If the original poster went with Ultrasn0w, I'd be interested in knowing if he experienced any ill effects, specifically whether it appears to interfere with the proper use of other jailbreak programmes like iBlacklist or MCleaner, or if he is having trouble with MMS, email, Facetime or other applications.

:)

The problems seem to come and go. The current iteration of Ultrasn0w is supposed to have addressed the various issues, but you still see people typing about them all the time, even with the newest version.

dosent work with 1g ipod touch users. can you please explain how to unlock an ipod touch 1g with 3.1.3?

dosent work with 1g ipod touch users. can you please explain how to unlock an ipod touch 1g with 3.1.3?

just out of curiosity why would you need to unlock an ipod? it has no place for a sim and you really cant make any calls with it due to no microphone but you can text but thats just over wifi, unlocking is mainly for iPhone users that have a contract with t-mobile or some other service other than AT&T, and they still want to use the iPhone.

wow,what an old thred

to answer....unlocking is strictly for phones to work on other carriers
to jailbreak an ipod touch is all the "unlocking" you need

Ok, then. I tought it would allow me to acess my root files without software.

Ok, then. I tought it would allow me to acess my root files without software.

yes jailbreaking does allow you to access your root files without software, all you need is a jailbreak, where you can download ifile on your phone and you can access your files through there

Hi all,

Any suggestions ?

Hello and welcome..... simply jailbreaking your phone will not unlock it... you need to go into Cydia..and install ultrasn0w - this will then give you the unlock...

can you please help me.. i've jailbroken my iphone 3gs (bootloader: 06.04, baseband 6.15 and iOS 4.3.5) how do i unlock the network? i've tried using ultrasn0w and got nothing :( pleeeeeease somebody help me. don't say it isnt possible because the phone was jailbroken but then i messed it up by trying to update the software with iTunes and it just bricked it then i forgot how i jailbroke it :'( PLEASE someone help me!!

Last edited by a moderator:
iSomad said:
can you please help me.. i've jailbroken my iphone 3gs (bootloader: 06.04, baseband 6.15 and iOS 4.3.5) how do i unlock the network? i've tried using ultrasn0w and got nothing :( pleeeeeease somebody help me. don't say it isnt possible because the phone was jailbroken but then i it up by trying to update the software with iTunes and it just bricked it then i forgot how i jailbroke it :'( PLEASE someone help me!!

Profanity is not tolerated in this forum.

iSomad said:
can you please help me.. i've jailbroken my iphone 3gs (bootloader: 06.04, baseband 6.15 and iOS 4.3.5) how do i unlock the network? i've tried using ultrasn0w and got nothing :( pleeeeeease somebody help me. don't say it isnt possible because the phone was jailbroken but then i it up by trying to update the software with iTunes and it just bricked it then i forgot how i jailbroke it :'( PLEASE someone help me!!

Profanity is not tolerated in this forum.

Apology on that. Is there a way to help my situation? A way to fix what has become the impossible? I just want my phone back.