What's new

jailbreaking 4.3.2 on iphone 4 with baseband 04.10.01

rubbermbn

Reaction score
how do i do it. ive been jailbroken for a couple years now. since it first came out. and i am now stumped. i usually use the good sites like limera1n. blackra1n back in its day. i used jailbreakme.com but now im supposed to use redsn0w. i dont know much about basebands but all i know is that redsn0w isnt working. from what ive read its telling me to change compatability to win xp sp3. but i only have sp2. it keeps crashing when the ramdisk is loading. and phone has icon that said downloading jailbreak data. and nothing happens.

someone help please. step by step or link would be appreciated. im lost without jailbreak

if your on windows xp cant you install ps3? try doing that it does not take long, changign compatibility to xp sp3 from windows 7 it means ot use another machine maybe if you can that already has it or has another os like osx or win 7, its why its not working if it says change to ps3 mode and you stick with sp2 obviously you will have problems if the devs are saying so

i have windows vista and im using rc14 redsn0w. i dont need to unlock i need to jailbreak. would it possibly work on another computer? like i said. redsn0w crashes at ramdisk and phone gets stuck on dowloading jailbreaking data. and im not sure what "ps3" is. i dont think your talking about playstation 3 lol. could baseband be stopping jailbreak?

do you have access to a computer with win 7 pro/ultimate or a xp machine with sp3? or even osx

i can probly find someone with 7. if i go do that just take same steps. run in sp3 and do the jailbreak through redsn0w would it most likely work?

yes but the version of win 7 has to be ultimate, i am nto sure if professional has xp sp3 mode but i know 100% that win 7 ultimate does

my roommate has about 4 computers with windows 7. not sure if they are professional or ultimate. never really messed with 7 at all. what comes with home computers? are they professional or ultimate?

well there is home and home premium as well.. depends what you buy from ms

cool ill definitely check it out. it looks like i just need to get an updated laptop instead of this dinosaur that im using. i appreciate the help. ill definitely come here in the future. thanks

im actually having a problem running the redsnow jb with vista...windows stops the process...not sure y either....ive done some searches and all i find is to r click and run as admin which i will try this evening when i get home...any1 have any other ideas

ooohhh really...i did not know this...it went great with my phone but i used work comp...was tryin to do wifeys and no bueno....so is it even possible to do on vista?

ooohhh really...i did not know this...it went great with my phone but i used work comp...was tryin to do wifeys and no bueno....so is it even possible to do on vista?

i am sure it has worked for some but people on windows are advising to use sp3 or windows 7 and put compatibility mode and use sp3 xp mode

guess wifey and i gonna have to switch phones for the day...thanx again @unleashed