What's new

Jailbreakin'

dyer646

Reaction score
So I'm wanting to jail break my 4s currently on 5.1.1 , had problems when my mate tried to do it , think he used absinthe .... He said he thought my firmware or the upgrade to 5.1.1 had something in it to stop me jailbreak ing ..... So can it be done and how would I know , also what software would I need to download that I best?

Does this tell me what software I need to download? Thankyou :)

Will let you know how I get on :)

All looks good :) do you still get iPhone updates once jail broke?

I just have the regular ip4 and haven't updated to 5.1 so was wondering if this worked for my phone and is it free since I'm very cheap and just tryin to jb this so I can use it wirhout the restrictions and headaches
Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
Voidchaser said:
I just have the regular ip4 and haven't updated to 5.1 so was wondering if this worked for my phone and is it free since I'm very cheap and just tryin to jb this so I can use it wirhout the restrictions and headaches
Thanks
@kidmanmakino

Lol.. Yeah it's free :D

All looks good :) do you still get iPhone updates once jail broke?

Once you are jailbroken you cannot update.

If you update...you will lose the jailbreak.

Jailbreaks are iOS specific. Every time Apple releases a new iOS...they patch the jailbreak exploit...then the jailbreak has to be updated to work on the new iOS. It takes a while.

Just do as every other jailbreaker does....don't update until a new jailbreak comes out for the new iOS.

Fortunately the latest iOS 5.1.1 has a working untethered jailbreak...so it's really not an issue at the moment.

Either...restoring will still make you lose your jailbreak...and you'll have to jailbreak it again.

If you like having a jailbroken iPhone...and wish to always have a jailbreak...then it is wise to download a tool called Tiny Umbrella.

Download it, save it to desktop.
Open it.
Plug in iPhone.
Select your devices name in the left pane.
Click "Save SHSH"
Done.

This does do anything to your device. All it does is save verification tickets that allow you to restore back to 5.1.1 should a new iOS comes out that does not have a jailbreak yet.

Apple does not allow users to restore to older iOS versions. That is why jailbreakers be Tiny Umbrella to save SHSH blobs.

Jailbreaks are iOS specific. Every time Apple releases a new iOS...they patch the jailbreak exploit...then the jailbreak has to be updated to work on the new iOS. It takes a while.

Just do as every other jailbreaker does....don't update until a new jailbreak comes out for the new iOS.

Fortunately the latest iOS 5.1.1 has a working untethered jailbreak...so it's really not an issue at the moment.

Either...restoring will still make you lose your jailbreak...and you'll have to jailbreak it again.

If you like having a jailbroken iPhone...and wish to always have a jailbreak...then it is wise to download a tool called Tiny Umbrella.

Open it.
Plug in iPhone.
Click "Save SHSH"
Done.

This does do anything to your device. All it does is save verification tickets that allow you to restore back to 5.1.1 should a new iOS comes out that does not have a jailbreak yet.

Apple does not allow users to restore to older iOS versions. That is why jailbreakers be Tiny Umbrella to save SHSH blobs.

Great info! 👍

Tapatalk'd from my iPhone 4s

zig9449 said:

Open it.
Plug in iPhone.
Click "Save SHSH"
Done.

Where do I download tiny umbrella from?