What's new

Jailbreak issue on 4.3.1

naykam0810

Reaction score
I updated the firmware to 4.3.1 this morning and tried to jailbreak with redsnow. It did everything up to the part when is uploading the ramdisk and it stays there, in the screen of the phone the download jailbreak data image is showing. But after a few minutes the phone will reboot by itself without jailbreaking (no Cydia) and the redsnow application will be still running. Any assistance with this will be greatly appreciated, if not I'm going to have to return to 4.2.1 and greenpoison.

Mine does the same. Just freezes on the 'downloading jailbreak' screen. I cant downgrade either so I'm out of options.

Exactely the same thing has happened to me.

I have tried 5 times and it still wont work.

Any ideas?

Ok, very easy fix guys.

Right click the redsnow .exe file and in properties under compatibility run in XP SP3, click apply and then ok.

Worked first time for me after doing this!

I also have norton turned of just incase!

1- Back up your phone using itunes, after that restore your device via itune to the most recent firmware.

2- Now you will try to locate the firmware that has been install on your phone by itunes in your computer instead of downloading a new firmware that might not match the one installed in your phone. Firmware files have an .ipsw extension and can be found at the following locations:

a.) On Windows XP :
Documents and Settings\\Application Data\Apple Computer\iTunes\iPhone Software Updates

b.) On Windows Vista/Windows 7:
Users\\AppData\Roaming\Apple Computer\iTunes\iPhone Software Updates

c.) On Mac:
~/Library/iTunes/iPhone Software Updates

3- Copy the firmware ""dont cut but copy"" to a a location in your computer, like on the desktop.

4- Run redsnow and direct redsnow to locate the firmware you've just copied to your desktop.

5- After redsnow firmware authetification finish press next and you should see redsnow patching kernel on going screen. When it finish patching the kernel a new window will open where only "install cydia" is selected. Leave everything there the way they are and just cilk next.

6- plug in your device to your computer ONLY AFTER THAT YOU SHOULD POWER OFF YOUR DEVICE.

7- follow redsnow instructions to enter DFU mode, and as soon as you notice that redsnow found the DFU mode, release the home button.

8- Leave the phone an your computer alone until redsnow enable "finish" button on its window.

9- Your device should restart after that and you will find cydia on the home screen of your phone.

10- you are good to go, and voila tout.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
I jailbroke mine with 4.3.1 jailbreak using an XP computer, had no problems, i had problems with windows 7 though

Mines on 4.10.01 mate had no problem jailbreaking using redsnow on XP machine

Problem fixed, did the jailbreak with snowbreeze, worked like a charm.

Ok, very easy fix guys.

Right click the redsnow .exe file and in properties under compatibility run in XP SP3, click apply and then ok.

Worked first time for me after doing this!

I also have norton turned of just incase!

Thanks worked great MADE AN ACCOUNT SO I CAN THANK YOU

6- plug in your device to your computer ONLY AFTER THAT YOU SHOULD POWER OFF YOUR DEVICE.

7- follow redsnow instructions to enter DFU mode, and as soon as you notice that redsnow found the DFU mode, release the home button.

Hi,

Do I need to turn off the phone AFTER or BEFORE plugging it in?
When do I start pressing the Home button?

Sorry this is my first time to try and jailbreak my iPhone 4 with firmware 4.3.1

Hi,

Do I need to turn off the phone AFTER or BEFORE plugging it in?
When do I start pressing the Home button?

Sorry this is my first time to try and jailbreak my iPhone 4 with firmware 4.3.1

The main point is that you should have the device both plug to your computer and at the same time have the device off. With an iPhone4-
1-if the device is "off" and you plug it to your computer, it will "power on".
2-if the device is "power on" and you plug it to your computer, it will still be "on".
So to thatto have the phone plug to your computer at the same time, you will need to:
1- phone is on; connect the phone to your computer and then poweroff the phone
2- the phone is off; connect the phone to your computer and it will power on automatically, wait until the phone finish loading and then poweroff the phone.
That's how you can have the phone both connect to your computer and at the same time have the phone off.