What's new

Jailbreak in normal mode

jason880615

Reaction score
Hi all,

I just wonder is the normal mode jailbreak works only on iphone4s, ipad2, ipad3 only? What about the a4 and earlier devices, still need to put into dfu mode before processing to jailbreak?

Your answer would be very much appreciated!

Thanks for prompt replying, but i knew that the new version of absinthe and redsn0w would allow jailbreaking in normal mode, what im really concern is the normal mode applicable to the older devices? Please i ve done at least some researches before i wrote these. None of them really tell if the new tool could bypass the dfu mode for all devices or certain devices. Pls advice, and sorry that i made this post in wrong section, just realized!

Jailbreaking always requires DFU mode... the only difference now is the Jailbreak tools use a "Ramdisk" method of inserting the Jailbreak. Thus not having the need for manually putting your iDevice in DFU mode.

That means all including ipod1,2,3,4g, iphone3,3gs,4,4s, and ipad 1,2,3 can be inserting the jailbreak using the ramdisk like normal mode?

Some 1 to answer me is the latest jailbreak tool like absinthe n redsn0w can jailbreak all devices in normal mode or only on A5 devices? Please let me know ya! Tq