What's new

Jailbreak 7.1

jockmcd

Reaction score
Is the iphone 4 Jailbreakable on 7.1 using Evasion ?
On Evasion website it says 7.0 through to 7.0.6 but I see the the latest uodate is 7.1.
Phone is is running 7.0.4 so may just jailbreak on that software if 7.1 cannot be jailbroken using Evasion.

Kind regards.

Al.

You can use RageMasta's utility to tethered jailbreak your iPhone 4 on 7.1. I'll update the post with the link in a sec

Sent from my iPhone via Tapatalk Pro

Hi Willerz, so I wont need Evasion at all just ragemasta ?
Dont wanna complicate things to much as I am noobish at JB even although Ive done enough of them, like to keep it simple :-0
Tethered being that I dont computer to reboot ?

Hi Willerz, so I wont need Evasion at all just ragemasta ?
Dont wanna complicate things to much as I am noobish at JB even although Ive done enough of them, like to keep it simple :-0
Tethered being that I dont computer to reboot ?

No, strictly GeekSn0w by RageMasta.

Ragemasta

No. Tethered jailbreaks means that your device will require a computer to reboot to regain full functionality.

Think I may just jailbreak on 7.0.4 as this is what the iphone is running at the moment. It has never been JB before so so I just goto Evasion and do my thang ?

Kind regards.

Al.

Think I may just jailbreak on 7.0.4 as this is what the iphone is running at the moment. It has never been JB before so so I just goto Evasion and do my thang ?

Kind regards.

Al.

Yep. You just need the latest evasi0n 7 tool (version 1.0.7 from evasi0n.com) and you're ready to go. Good luck.

Marilyn

Hi back again :)

I have noticed on Evasion website it says phone must have been updated from itunes pc and not over the air ie wifi.

Ive asked the person I got this from and they are pretty sure it was done on itunes via pc.

Is there somehiw I can tell how this phone was updated and/or is there a fix if I get stuck at apple logo error ?

Some users have gotten RedSn0w to work in telling whether or not the device was updated via OTA or not. The only real way to find out is to run Evasi0n 1.0.7 or Evasi0n 1.0.3, and see if you get stuck at the modifying rootfs portion just before the "Finished" portion of the jailbreak.

If it gets stuck does this mean iphone will be out of action untill there is a fix released or can this be fixed already ?

If it gets stuck does this mean iphone will be out of action untill there is a fix released or can this be fixed already ?

If the Evasi0n7 utility crashes, that means your device was OTA updated. Your device is still usable, just that you'll need to reboot it to get the cached data from the utility off of the device. Your device will not be in a boot loop unless it was OTA updated and somehow the utility was able to "jailbreak" it, and your boot chain was corrupted, hence the recovery loop.

Ok so phone wont be stuck on apple logo till there is a fix then ? Just the way its worded in red on Evasion site I thought it may crash and stick if it had been OTA updated.
So I can safely try Evasion and if it gets stuck with this apple logo I only need to reboot ?

Kind regards

Al

Ok so phone wont be stuck on apple logo till there is a fix then ? Just the way its worded in red on Evasion site I thought it may crash and stick if it had been OTA updated.
So I can safely try Evasion and if it gets stuck with this apple logo I only need to reboot ?

Kind regards

Al

Here are two possible scenarios that can result from trying to use Evasi0n7 on an OTA updated device
  1. Device is OTA updated, Evasi0n7 is ran. Jailbreak runs up to the "modifying rootfs" portion just before it's finished. Utility will crash. Device will be on springboard.

• Solution: Reboot device, use the device as it is in its stock state until @Evad3rs push out a new version of Evasi0n7 to address OTA updates (assuming it's ever being pushed
2. Device is OTA updated, Evasi0n7 is ran. Jailbreak completely finishes and does not crash. Device will appear to be on the Apple logo or in Recovery Screen.
  • Solution: Restore the device using iTunes unless you want a pretty expensive brick/paperweight.

Since you're on the iPhone 4, download RedSn0w 0.9.15 beta 3. Go to Extras > Even More > Identify. Plug your device in, and RedSn0w should be able to tell if your device was OTA updated or not. I know for a fact that this does not work for the iPhone 5/iPad 3 and above, and can work on the 4S and iPad 2, and will definitely work on the 4.

Willerz thank you for the great help you have provided for me, I am very grateful ;-)

What does stock state mean then if it crashea at rootfs ? This must be tge worst crash as it looks like the 2nd crash ieasily fixable through itunes but of course if I have to restore through itunes then this will men I will have to update to 7.1 therefore no untethered JB :-(

Will deffo get redsnow as above and test to see if it's been done OTA.

Great advice and support Willerz.

Much appreciated.

Al.

What is the descriptiin title in redsnow for update and what should is say for OTA or ITUNES PC it makes no sense to me, I got your Redsnow but dont understand what I should be reading :-0

For example it does not say:

7.0.4 updated via OTA or ITUNES PC

So what is the text im looking for and the descriptions please.

These are the lines in redsnow indentify:

ActivationInfo:
ActivationPublicKey:
ActiveWirelessTechnology:
ActivityURL:
AirplaneMode:
ApNonce:
BasebandCertId:
BasebandChipId:
BasebandFirmwareManifestData:
BasebandGoldCertId:
BasebandKeyHashInformation: