What's new

Jail Break with 1.0.06 Firmware

johnappleseed

Reaction score
Hey everyone I'm new and I just recently bought a 16 gig for VZ. I want to try an jailbreak just to see if I like it at all. However I keep coming across other sites saying that there might be a problem doing so with the firmware that I have. Does anyone know if it will be a problem if I try to JB? Because the LAST thing I want to do is to turn this beast into a brick...

Are you asking me what it does? Or the number?
From what I read and understand, the firmware is The modem and helps the phone actually make calls. The number is in the title of the post: 1.0.06 is the number that is in my phone now.

Last edited:
Are you asking me what it does? Or the number?
From what I read and underhand, the firmware is The modem and helps the phone actually make calls. The number is in the title of the post: 1.0.06 is the number that is in my phone now.

No I was asking you about the number. And yes you will have some troubles with that baseband after jailbreaking your iPhone since it's not supported by ultrasnow at the moment.

Yeah that's what I thought. Ultrasnow and snowbreeze are the same ? Because that seems to be the best one to use from what I can see?

Ultrasnow and snowbreeze are completely different.

Snowbreeze jailbreaks your phone which is what I'm assuming you want to do? Ultrasnow unlocks your phone but is only available after your jailbreak. It also only supports certian basebands...

gaz6076 said:
Ultrasnow and snowbreeze are completely different.

Snowbreeze jailbreaks your phone which is what I'm assuming you want to do? Ultrasnow unlocks your phone but is only available after your jailbreak. It also only supports certian basebands...

Yeah I could careless about unlocking it. I don't plan on switching carriers. I just want to get cydia and all that good stuff

As long as you don't want to unlock you can jailbreak using sn0wbreeze just fine. What version are you running. I.e. 4.2.8

As long as you don't want to unlock you can jailbreak using sn0wbreeze just fine. What version are you running. I.e. 4.2.8

I think he will need to unlock his iDevice after jailbreaking even though his not planing to change a carrier. 4.2.8 is CDMA. He's surely on 4.3.3 if he recently purchased his iDevice.

Thanks everyone for your help. I was able to break it just fine. And to answer your question, it's running on 4.28 I tried to update before I tried to break it but there werent any new updates available.

I think he will need to unlock his iDevice after jailbreaking even though his not planing to change a carrier. 4.2.8 is CDMA. He's surely on 4.3.3 if he recently purchased his iDevice.

The only reason you would unlock is if you were planning to switch carrier or wished to get a few more $/£ for your phone if selling it...

not sure what carrier you would even unlock the verizon for or if there is even an unlock for any of its basebands?

No unlock for the verzion phone yet. I don't think there will be as you can't use any other network since there is no sim...?

The only reason you would unlock is if you were planning to switch carrier or wished to get a few more $/£ for your phone if selling it...

Ah ok then. Thank for correcting my misunderstanding. I though a locked iPhone must be unlock if jailbreak even though I know that that unlock is about carrier.
So if I have a locked iPhone to carrier X and I jailbreak my phone but I'm only planing of using cydia and not planing on changing the X carrier, after jailbreaking the iPhone I can still use my carrier X sim card in the already jailbreaked iPhone right after jailbreak is done?