What's new

I've done it... I've made my bet Verizon will have the iPhone soon

JohnnyApple

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
By creating this section I am "willing" Verizon and Apple to work out a deal together to get the iPhone working on the Verizon CDMA/LTE network.

I honestly believe it will happen eventually, the question is when.

Anyway, feel free to discuss any Verizon related issues in here.

why only verizon and atee and tee? why not other american networks? like the uk is on most networks now

why only verizon and atee and tee? why not other american networks? like the uk is on most networks now

Verizon is the largest and has the best coverage where I am.

I hope they cover it on all the networks though, but if I had to choose just one additional network, it would be Verizon.

I have a Verizon Blackberry for work and I can say, although Verizon's coverage is a lot better than AT&T, its 3G network is much slower than AT & T's.
I not an expert so I am not 100% sure it is a network issue or an issue with the Blackberry but my iPhone is definitely much faster than the Bberry.

lol, man I dunno.. I think Verizon hit a home run with the Motorola Droid, and with the Motorola Droid X and Motorola Droid 2 right around the corner.. I think it will at least be a while before we hear anything.

I believe the issue apple has with Verizon lies in "The Network". CDMA does not allow data while you are on a call. The way that the packets are allocated it can not work for items like the "biggest feature" of IPhone 4 "FaceTime" will not function.

Until Verizon reinvents the CDMA wheel I doubt the will see an iPhone. No matter how you cut it, you wouldn't sell a new product full of amazing features to a group of people that cannot use them.

I love Verizon service . My first phone was with them and I was always taken care of and they are so nice . The only issue is they are so expensive and they don't have the Iphone . At&t states that they have more coverage HA . Verizon is by far the best coverage and has great Customer service people . My Brother is with them and his phone was out of the 30 day deal and his phone kept shutting off on him ( brand new phone ) and the lady let him get a new phone any was . The phone was even a upgraded version of his old one . If Apple allowed Verizon to sell Iphones they would make much more money .

I have a Verizon Blackberry for work and I can say, although Verizon's coverage is a lot better than AT&T, its 3G network is much slower than AT & T's.
I not an expert so I am not 100% sure it is a network issue or an issue with the Blackberry but my iPhone is definitely much faster than the Bberry.

I think alot of it has to do with the CPU of the iPhone being much faster then the Blackberry as well as the browser being really old.

I think network for network Verizon has AT&T beat.

you could go sim free then just put a verizon one in there if its the best for you

Verizon has excellent service everywhere despite its expensive plans.
Also, they should be getting the iPhone in December or something. Which also means, I'll be switching to Verizon because my buddy owns a Verizon store, so why not?

Verizon is the largest and has the best coverage where I am.

Verizon is the largest and has the best coverage everywhere.

i did a benchmark test with my rooted/overclocked droid against my friends jailbroken 3gs.. his download speeds were faster but my upload speeds were faster. i think our signal strengths were about the same there (center of town, towers everywhere)

They do want it, they just don't want to seem too eager lest that give Apple the upper hand at the negotiation table.

Verizon wants the iPhone just as much as any carrier would. It's the golden phone of this era. I still stand by my word that the iPhone will come out to Verizon w/CDMA this coming December.