What's new

Itunes

dengirl

Reaction score
Just bought my fathers iPod from him. I hooked it up to our computer to try and get the music that he has on it to my iPhone 4s. But I can't not figure out how to do it. If I do the sync it says it will delete everything. I did the right click under the device and clicked on the save music to computer I forget exactly what it said but it does not work because I can't not find music anywhere other than under iPod. Help

Unless your father's iPod was set up on your computer and that iPod's account registered to iTunes you're pretty much outta luck I think. Otherwise people could just take music from anybody's idevice and swap it over to their own. Kinda defeats the whole copyright thingy.

Have you tried Home sharing? Check the Advanced tab at the top.

I have not tried home sharing but I will look at that this evening thanks. I can understand the stealing songs thing though. So I understand if i can't.

Apple does not consider you sharing a paid song on your devices as stolen. I use home sharing on three of my computers with no issues.

I have not tried home sharing but I will look at that this evening thanks. I can understand the stealing songs thing though. So I understand if i can't.
Let us know how this works for you, dengirl. Personally, I'm always interested in how iTunes works, or doesn't, and the home sharing option sounds interesting.

I didn't get to last night but I will later today I am anxious to try. I just got to get the iPod away from my husband haha

Just watch this it'll help you all.

Last edited by a moderator: