What's new

itunes wont sync with iphone 4s need help!

mbaverizon

Reaction score
ok for awhile now ive had problems with itunes, it just wont sync period!! it gets stuck on 2 of 7 backing up and it wont go any further?? heres some things ive tried!!
1-uninstall and reinstall new itunes
2-call apple support they couldnt get it to work
3- free my memory on my windows vista
4- turned on genius nothing

so i need some help to get this synced!!! thank!!!!

Attachments

• $11JPG.jpg
    $11JPG.jpg
    58.7 KB · Views: 1,117
  • $22JPG.jpg
    $22JPG.jpg
    38 KB · Views: 1,093
I see, your iTunes is not capable of making the backup first and then sync the phone, you can skip the backup and proceed directly to syncing your iTunes to your iPhone. You can do the backup manually.

I see, your iTunes is not capable of making the backup first and then sync the phone, you can skip the backup and proceed directly to syncing your iTunes to your iPhone. You can do the backup manually.

How do I manually do it

When you're device is connected... right click on your device in iTunes and select "Backup."

i right clicked on device and theres no option for a backup

How do I manually do it

You manually do the backup by following what others suggested to do. Now when you want to sync music or something else from iTunes to your iPhone, hit sync then you will see "iTunes preparing to sync" soon you will see "preparing for back up" there (extreme end of the line where you read preparing for backup is a cross sign "x") hit that sign 2 times before as soon as you see the "preparing for backup" notification, iTunes will then skip the automatic back and continue with the syncing process.

You manually do the backup by following what others suggested to do. Now when you want to sync music or something else from iTunes to your iPhone, hit sync then you will see "iTunes preparing to sync" soon you will see "preparing for back up" there (extreme end of the line where you read preparing for backup is a cross sign "x") hit that sign 2 times before as soon as you see the "preparing for backup" notification, iTunes will then skip the automatic back and continue with the syncing process.

Ok hitting the x didn't stop the sync process at all but funny thing it went all the way to 7 of 7 and was downloading tthe apps but it froze ???? So I close iTunes and looked at my phone and it has now erased/uninstalled over 30 apps what in gods named happened?????? So now I can't remember what all of them were, but still will not go through 7 of 7 ! Any other ideas and thanks for all your help

Check these things.
Use of an "Original" USB cable.
Make sure your iTunes is up to date.
Reboot your computer.
Hard reset your iPhone.
then try the syncing again.

ok last night i got to 7 of 7 where it was downloading the apps and it froze!!!! so i just dont get it

remember its happened to my last 5 iphones i had on itunes, so i think its something in my computer blocking it, when i run a diagnostic scan from itunes ive got a NO INTERNET CONNECTION SOMETIMES and SECURE LINK TO ITUNES STORE FAILED EVERYTIME how do i fix that

ok heres what happened ok i clicked the help button next to the itune store failed and heres the error iam getting ITUNES HELP IS UNAVAILIBLE BECAUSE YOUR COMPUTER ISNT CONNECTED TO THE INTERNET, hows that possible iam on wifi so iam connected!! anybody

When your iPhone is connected to iTunes. Right click on the connected iPhone in iTunes under devices. It should pop up with menus such as back up, restore etc...I forgot what, but click on Reset Warnings. Maybe that will help. If that doesn't help, than it could be apps on your phone that does not allow you to sync.
Don't forget to authorize your computer? Just suggestions...let me know it goes.
Cheers,

When your iPhone is connected to iTunes. Right click on the connected iPhone in iTunes under devices. It should pop up with menus such as back up, restore etc...I forgot what, but click on Reset Warnings. Maybe that will help. If that doesn't help, than it could be apps on your phone that does not allow you to sync.
Don't forget to authorize your computer? Just suggestions...let me know it goes.
Cheers,

i tried the reset warnings, and the computer has been authorized for awhile now! i cant restore because ill lose everything,contacts,apps,etc.... so i cant do that, i dont know what else to do!!!

Back Up everything on the iPhone. Right Click your iPhone device in iTunes, and click Back Up. This'll be reassurance that you are backing up data to the most recent date. Once the back up is done. Restore it to the back up you made.

I had the same issue. iTunes kept on saying you have unauthorized apps and cannot sync. So the only way I could fix this was to back up , restore so all the apps are gone (but saved on the comp) and re-sync everything back in.

Try reseting the phone too. Probably an obvious one but you'd be surprised how it works miracles. Hold power and home till it turns off. Turn back on again.

Let us know how it goes. Cheers,

Back Up everything on the iPhone. Right Click your iPhone device in iTunes, and click Back Up. This'll be reassurance that you are backing up data to the most recent date. Once the back up is done. Restore it to the back up you made.

I had the same issue. iTunes kept on saying you have unauthorized apps and cannot sync. So the only way I could fix this was to back up , restore so all the apps are gone (but saved on the comp) and re-sync everything back in.

Try reseting the phone too. Probably an obvious one but you'd be surprised how it works miracles. Hold power and home till it turns off. Turn back on again.

Let us know how it goes. Cheers,

it wont back up, it stops at 2 of 4 backing up, it wont go any further!!! i did a reset in the phone and it didnt help but if i restore ill lose everything and it wont let me back up

What do you need? List the things you want to keep?
eg: photos, music, contacts, notes, games...etc

We can find alternatives to extracting those from the phone to computer. For example, iPhoto/Adobe Bridge/Aperture can grab photos from the phone and store on the computer. Music, there are third party progs that can grab those out too. Cheers,