What's new

iTunes Store App Won't Load

jen2440

Reaction score
When I tap the iTunes icon the screen flashes for a second then returns to the home screen. I've tried multiple times, tried a reset, and powered off/on. No luck. Since The system won't let me delete the app I'm not sure how to restore it. Any help would be appreciated.

Q: I recently updated my iPhone to iOS 7, and the iTunes Store app no longer works. If I launch it, it just quits. How can I get it to start working again?

I had the same problem. When I launched the iTunes Store, the screen flashed for a second and then quit. I tried accessing the iTunes Store by tapping the Store button in the Music app, but I got an alert reading ‘Unable to Connect to iTunes Store’. I tried rebooting my iPhone, and that didn’t work either.

The solution was to sign out of the iTunes Store and then sign back in. I did so in Settings > iTunes & App Store. After that, the iTunes Store app worked properly.

Thanks. I have iOS 7.0.3. But, I don't see any place in settings>iTunes and App Store to sign in/out. My screen just shows my ID and various switch settings.

If you don't find a fix, you may have to back up everything and do a factory reset. Then download iOS 7 again.

Thanks. Accesses a web site that recommended deleting cookies. That worked.