What's new

iTunes newbee

Rickstir

Reaction score
Hard by the Elk Fork of the Salt River, Missouri
I have an iTunes account. Using my laptop at home I uploaded 3 CDs and they are in the library and play just fine there. I signed onto iTunes from my work PC and they are not there. I have autorized my work PC. How can I get to my library built from my home pc?
Also, forgive my for monopolizing.....can I play songs from my iTunes library on my iPhone4? I thought that was what it wasy for. If I have to download from my library, I can't find that in the documentation.
Many thanks for any help.

You can not play musics in your itunes on your laptop at home using your work computer even if you authorizes your work computer. And what you are calling authorizing is signing in to your iTunes on your work computer I guess. Well you will need to merge your songs to iTunes, and have them as bought from iTunes before you can play them wherever you are and having a computer with iTunes, and until now, that kind of service is not available. It will come soon anyway. But if you buy songs from iTunes, you will be able to play it on 5 or 7 different computers by just sign in your iTunes account.
As for your phone, you can also play the purchased musics on it, if you just rip a cd and save them to your iTunes on your laptop, you will only be able to play those musics from your laptop for now.

I believe the new iCloud feature of iOS5 will offer music sharing between all devices.