What's new

iTunes charging me for previously purchased apps

vssmith

Reaction score
I have two emails and two IDs attached to my Iphone and Ipad.
The original email was
@gmail.com, when I subscribed to mobil.me I got another email and password. I have been charged 3 times for programs I previously paid for after updating them. This may because of the two email issue

[Moderator edit: Removed e-mail address...]

Last edited by a moderator:
It probably isn't happening to other people. One ID per phone and this wouldn't happen.

go into settings and about 1/2 way down or so you will see a section titled "Store" go in there and make sure the "Apple ID" you have matches the ID you used to purchase the app's.

you can use whatever other ID elsewhere just that one needs to stay the same or you will be charged again.

It probably isn't happening to other people. One ID per phone and this wouldn't happen.

I didn't want this to happen. I bought the phone and got an ID, six months later I joined mobile me and received another ID. When I update previous purchases especially when I select update all iTunes confuses the update with a purchase under the ID that I did not purchase it with originally. I cannot believe this has not happened to others.

Last edited: