What's new

It's most likely been asked a million times before...

JNottle

Reaction score
Is it worth Jailbreaking? I have mine on contract in the uk. Some place say that it dosen't harm it and it's fine doing it, others say that it makes the iPhone faulty and slow... so I was hoping for an honest opinion.

I mostly have been looking into the iPhone because of the Glaskart app icons... :)

It's great to jailbreak, the jailbreak it self doesn't slow you phone, but the apps/tweaks, themes etc... You will install on the phone via cydia can cause your iPhone run slower. Just know that jailbreak is good, and from that point of view, search and read about jailbreaking, know what you are getting into, and then decide by yourself to make the step to free your iPhone from the jail.

Oic, so it slows down for people who've most likely gone and downloaded most of the Cydia apps on their phone and have only a couple of mb left?

Does anyone know the best site for the download/step-by-step guide for jailbreaking then? I would rather do it right. =)

some people only jailbreak for one app.. but once you open cydia and find those few apps that you really like and end up not being able to go with out it then some times you end up jailbreaking every firmware. but others make mistakes while trying to jailbreak and it puts them off ever trying it again or they simply did not find any app/game or tweak that made them want to do it again,

check the hacking section and there are tutorials for both windows and mac, assuming your on firmware 4.3.3 or try www.iclarified.com for other tutorials.

Yes that it, when you load all cydia stuff on the phone and without reading about how the app works use battery life etc... You endup seeing your battery life short, you phone runing slower etc... and then you finish thinking that it's the jailbreak which is bad, in fact if you jailbreak and never install any of those cydia apps/tweaks your phone will run the way it use to run. So I personally have most needed cydia apps/tweaks in my device, and if I know I don't need a theme or app or tweak, I uninstall it and I don't have any battery life issue nor any performance issue except some occasional crashes which I think even a non jailbreak iPhone also do from time to time. And that's why the hardreset was made for btw, to cure any weird situation with the phone.
Well you can perform a search on the forum about how to jailbreak iOS 4.3.3 and you will see many results. But do read through the threads to see or user opinions and feedback after jailbreak. And read to know what to do before jailbreak, just don't jump and start jailbreaking, it's always good to know what you are doing before and while doing it.

some cydia apps dont really effect the battery life but when you start using openSSH and winterboard and load animated themes and similar apps it does drain the battery but other ones like auto 3g that turn off the 3g when your not using it they save battery life and really help. or in sbsettings turning off apps when not in use

Thanks. =)

Atm I'm looking in the section for untethered, I think is better, and for 4.3.3.

yes i would avoid a tethered jailbreak, just not do it unless its un tethered

I jailbroke my iPhone when it had one of the earlier iOS versions installed. I did face some issues with the device getting slow, battery life,etc. It must be noted that despite the level of effort being put in by the hackers, their codes are still not as optimized as what could be expected from a billion dollar company like Apple. Hence, the codes are inevitably buggy at some point that can cause these issues.

I jailbroke my iPhone when it had one of the earlier iOS versions installed. I did face some issues with the device getting slow, battery life,etc. It must be noted that despite the level of effort being put in by the hackers, their codes are still not as optimized as what could be expected from a billion dollar company like Apple. Hence, the codes are inevitably buggy at some point that can cause these issues.

what jailbreak apps did you install?