What's new

Is zagg screen Protector worth it ? + Review

issjakers

Reaction score
Ive been doing quite a bit of research on this product and here is my current review based on information ive gotten from google, youtube, etc.

Pros:
Keeps scratches off phone, Semi-easy installation,proects both back and front.

Cons:
Orange peel effect, i noticed if you leave this out in the sun during summer it morphs shape.

well i but the full body shield. i had it on there for a good 3 weeks and i just didnt like it. dont get me wrong, it does a fantastic job of keeping the phone safe but it changes how the phone feels which i didnt like. it is sort of a jelly type of texture. ummm and yes leaving it in the sun or exposed to heat did make start to peel or just shrink a little. but once i removed it, and no orange residue, i felt i had my i4 back. it is totally up to ur own prfrences

I didn't have this brand but I had a screen protector on mine for about a day. Didn't like it at all. I will deal with the scratches.

Ive been doing quite a bit of research on this product and here is my current review based on information ive gotten from google, youtube, etc.

Pros:
Keeps scratches off phone, Semi-easy installation,proects both back and front.

Cons:
Orange peel effect, i noticed if you leave this out in the sun during summer it morphs shape.

I think it's worth it. The scratch resistant really works and I think (I haven't tried this yet) it will protect the glass if you drop the phone. As far as the orange peel effect, it's not too bad. You can hardly see it when you are looking at the screen. Why would you leave your phone out in the sun for a long time? It has a semi-rubbery fell to it but it doesn't bother me as it's still smooth.

well i but the full body shield. i had it on there for a good 3 weeks and i just didnt like it. dont get me wrong, it does a fantastic job of keeping the phone safe but it changes how the phone feels which i didnt like. it is sort of a jelly type of texture. ummm and yes leaving it in the sun or exposed to heat did make start to peel or just shrink a little. but once i removed it, and no orange residue, i felt i had my i4 back. it is totally up to ur own prfrences

I had the same experience as you...I just didnt like the way it looked and felt. Keep in mind that they offer a 45 day money back satisfaction guarantee. I called in today and they sent me instructions for a return at a full refund. All in all they're a good company with a decent product but just wasnt for me.

I had the same experience as you...I just didnt like the way it looked and felt. Keep in mind that they offer a 45 day money back satisfaction guarantee. I called in today and they sent me instructions for a return at a full refund. All in all they're a good company with a decent product but just wasnt for me.
yes they are a good company, i just installed mine today btw, and i think Bodyguardz are better, dont get me wrong zagg makes it look awsome with the youtube videos of them scratching it and stuff but in reality it really isnt that durable.

Last edited:
what about the steinheil screen protector? is the bumper compatible with the steinheil screen protector?

I have the zagg invisible shield on my iphone 4 and i think its great! My frien put it on my iphone before i got to use it so i dont know what the screen feels like but i like how the screen feels with the shield on...also the cool thing is...the invisible shield sticks on glass!!! So if u get it, u can stick it on the mirror or car window for fun :p also the invisible shield has a good grip on glass-like material so u wont accidentally push it off the table! And yea it is cool..U dont even notice it most the time and yeaa thats what i say from my experience :p oh yea i did something bad to it lol i was taping my iphone 4 to something then when i was taking the tape off, it pulled part of my shield off lolll but i was able to put the peeled part back on n it was normal again whew..lol. Oh yea my friend who put it on for me said its hard to put it on and frustrating! So yea thats all i know :p

I have the zagg invisible shield on my iphone 4 and i think its great! My frien put it on my iphone before i got to use it so i dont know what the screen feels like but i like how the screen feels with the shield on...also the cool thing is...the invisible shield sticks on glass!!! So if u get it, u can stick it on the mirror or car window for fun :p also the invisible shield has a good grip on glass-like material so u wont accidentally push it off the table! And yea it is cool..U dont even notice it most the time and yeaa thats what i say from my experience :p oh yea i did something bad to it lol i was taping my iphone 4 to something then when i was taking the tape off, it pulled part of my shield off lolll but i was able to put the peeled part back on n it was normal again whew..lol. Oh yea my friend who put it on for me said its hard to put it on and frustrating! So yea thats all i know :p
quit a post, thanks for sharing your experience its nice to have a person to person review.

Yea im bored..Slept all day now its 1am and cant sleep :p
Oh yea i think it helps with screen glare too but i wouldnt know since i never saw screen wiithout shield on Lol

lol its 3:22 AM i got a ZAGG On, i dont like it for some reason when i get my Defender im ripping it off.. lol

I like the feel of the ZAGG I have on mine. Doesn't diminish screen quality either. But had to take the back off, since I'm using it with a Speck Candyshell case it bubble up when I take the candyshell off. But since I don't take the case off that often the back ZAGG doesn't really do anything for the phone anyways.

The only use is to protect the front screen from scratches. Unless you are using one that came with the Otterbox.