What's new

Is This The iPhone 5S ?

kamaki

Reaction score
It seems that the rumors about the iPhone 5S can not stop, because this time the site GSMArena.com shared a couple of pictures where you can supposedly see a prototype of the iPhone 5S .Photos are not entirely clear but still can distinguish the new and renovated design that could be the next generation Apple device.

iphone5sprototipo-800x393.jpg

As usual, there is a lot of interest around the next major release of the Cupertino company, the iPhone 5S. For the same reason the presentation of these pictures should be taken lightly. Thus, in these photos you can see a design very similar to that presented in the patent made ​​by the company last week, that's why the iPhone 5S course lacks the iconic home button and instead gives way to a complete screen.

iphone-5s-patent.jpg

This note comes just as The Wall Street Journal mentioned that the iPhone 5S will go into production in the second quarter of 2013, but so far the tradition teaches us that Apple only updates certain aspects of the hardware such as the processor and the camera in each one of the devices that have come under the brand 'S', such as the iPhone 3GS and the iPhone 4S. Moreover also announced a new operating system every time, because of that iOS 7 will also be one of the big changes that will offer the iPhone 5S .

Read more: Moderator edit...removed external links! Please read the forum rules.

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't like the design if it is. The curves seem almost awkward and it looks like the display would be curved which seems like doing stuff on your phone would become difficult.

Won't know until there's an official leak. Best source I'd say would be AppleInsider, always spot on with rumors.

I don't like the design if it is. The curves seem almost awkward and it looks like the display would be curved which seems like doing stuff on your phone would become difficult.

I agree. If this is even their direction with the 6 I may not upgrade. I can see myself busting that or it being difficult to use in a case.

iPhoneMommy

"Be nice to people on your way up because you'll meet them on your way down." - Wilson Mizner

it must be the rumor, i do not think 5S will have so big change in design, i think it may also similar to the 5.

Blogs etc are awash with Chinese rumour and whispers on what could be the design.

Take them with a pinch of salt is my advice !!

Idk looks real to me if anybody remembers last year when pics of the 5 start coming out they showed the exact pics

All up in ya using Tapatalk 2

I don't think this design makes sense. We have a hard enough time with how fragile our iphone screens already are and we have a bezel around our phones. Making the screen display edge to edge is a bad idea in my opinion. There is no protection. And it also limits the use of a case. The industry for iPhone cases is huge, this would ruin it.

I don't think this design makes sense. We have a hard enough time with how fragile our iphone screens already are and we have a bezel around our phones. Making the screen display edge to edge is a bad idea in my opinion. There is no protection. And it also limits the use of a case. The industry for iPhone cases is huge, this would ruin it.

True but people are complaining about how boring the iphone is so apple is listening and doing changes i just don't like the new plug easy to break

All up in ya using Tapatalk 2

Yeah but the thing is, the iPhone is supposed to be a sleek and easy to use. I think their design is great the way it is right now for the 5. Really the only improvement they can do is maybe a bigger screen and get rid of the anodized metal and revert back to the metal bezel used in the 4 and 4S. Bringing this design to their future iphone will make the market for cases and accessories to a halt because now you have curved glass do screen protectors are gonna be difficult to apply and cases will block functionality. Idk. They should keep the screens colored and leave the back piece a solid brushed aluminum.