What's new

Is this deal too good to be true?

braz989

Reaction score
So I am about to meet up with someone from craigslist in a few hours. He is offering the an ATT iphone 4S 32gb for $400. Excellent condition, only thing used are the headphones. What can I check out on the phone to make sure it works and isn't stolen? I mean come one.. $400 for a 32gb 4S???

Last edited:
braz989 said:
So I am about to meet up with someone from craigslist in a few hours. He is offering the an ATT iphone 4S 32gb for $400. Excellent condition, only thing used are the headphones. What can I check out on the phone to make sure it works and isn't stolen. I mean come one.. $400 for a 32gb 4S???

I hear ringing bells Ring ring ring Ask for receipts Ask to see it working Ask him to prove that he owns it

yeah I guess I will try that, problem is he most likely won't have a sim card in it so how will I know it works ya know? And if it is a stolen phone would it really be my fault? Also, I will have 2 friends with me just for extra safety haha.

braz989 said:
yeah I guess I will try that, problem is he most likely won't have a sim card in it so how will I know it works ya know? And if it is a stolen phone would it really be my fault?

Sounds dodgy to say the least

Hmm alright, well I will do my best to make sure it is working. If it is legit, man did I hit the jackpot haha. I may have to re-sell it and make like $200 lol we'll see. I used to have an 4, but got rid of it for an Atrix 4g. I am not a fan of android; this phone is extremely buggy and unstable. I miss my iPhone :'(

Go to an AT&T store now and ask them for a sim if you don't already have one. Or ask the seller to meet you at an AT&T store. Bring someone with you and use their phone to call AT&T customer service to activate the phone on your account then pay the seller if all goes well.

The ATT store by me says they don't have any 4S sim cards in stock. How can I test this out? Any other way?

braz989 said:
The ATT store by me says they don't have any 4S sim cards in stock. How can I test this out? Any other way?

Be nice to somebody on here Might give or loan you one to test☺

Get the IMEI from the seller then call customer service and ask if it can be activated. Other than that you may want to pass on the deal.

Meeting with him in about an hour, I just asked him if it is activated so I can make sure it works, waiting for a response! Will keep everyone updated! Thanks for you input everyone

Also, will it say 4S somewhere on the back so I know its the 4S and not a 4?

How long has this ad been on Craigslist? I'm sure if it's legit, someone would have bought this within hours of it being posted.

Sent from my iPhone using iPF.net

How long has this ad been on Craigslist? I'm sure if it's legit, someone would have bought this within hours of it being posted.Sent from my iPhone using iPF.net
He didn't have an ad, texted me because I had a want to buy ad up

Well that's even more bizarre. Why the hell did he text u then, did he know u or something?

I'd say pass on it. 16gb 4s goes for 550 to 575 locally on Craigslist. 400 doesn't sound legit.

Sent from my iPhone using iPF.net