What's new

Is this buyer trying to dupe me? Please help!

Local1248

Reaction score
Hi, I'm new to this forum and I have 2 questions about selling my jailbroken iphone. first question, how do I clear all of my info off the phone in order to sell it without resetting it and losing the jailbreak?

Second question, Someone messaged me about the phone and is interested in buying it. They want me to send them info about the shsh blobs on my jailbroken phone. is this a legitimate request, or is this buyer trying to gain access to my phone unbeknownst to me. Here is his actual message: Hello! I am interested in bidding on your phone , but i have one question , do you have by any chance the shsh blobs saved with Cydia for your phone firmware ? You can find that by opening Cydia App on your phone screen then you have to click on the TSS Center ( SHSH and APTicket ) button and is going to show all the saved shsh blobs saved with Cydia for your phone . Or better yet can you please send me a screen capture of that tss center opened page , you could get a picture of the screen by pressing the home button and power button at the same time and its going to take a picture of whatever is on the iphone screen . Thank you! And please let me know since i am very interested.

Your buyer, who is interested in buying a jailbreakable iPhone has a legitimate request in asking for proof that you have valid blobs for the iPhone. An appropriate screenshot showing the available blobs for your phone will not enable the buyer to gain any access to the phone before he buys it. Just make sure no personal info shows in the screenshot.

ILEX R.A.T. Can be used to wipe all personal info from the phone as well as all added tweaks and apps, leaving just the bare bones jailbreak.

BTW, I've moved your post to the iPhone jailbreaking Forum where it will receive more attention.

I've also deleted the other 2 posts you made asking the same question. Besides fragmenting any resulting conversations, duplicate posting is against our rules.

Last edited: