What's new

Is There a WHITE Bumper that Doesn't Turn Yellow?

perezr10

Reaction score
This is my first white iPhone so I've never tried to purchase a white case before. But I'm on my second white bumper for my iPhone 5 and the same thing is happening to my 2nd that happened to my 1st one. It's turning a dirty white, almost yellow color all around the face of the phone.

Can anyone recommend one that will stay white?

why don't you try a metal bumper,i'm sure there will be a white one out there.

perezr10 said:
This is my first white iPhone so I've never tried to purchase a white case before. But I'm on my second white bumper for my iPhone 5 and the same thing is happening to my 2nd that happened to my 1st one. It's turning a dirty white, almost yellow color all around the face of the phone.

Can anyone recommend one that will stay white?

Unfortunately, unless you're using a composite or metal bumper (as Ivy suggested above) you're always going to get the dirty white & yellowing effect.

What they said ^

I have a Mophie Juice Pack Air which I thought would've at least lasted it's life before turning yellow yellow. Took about 6 months and it starting being distinctively light yellow.... I should've gotten the Matte finished Juice Pack Plus even if they didn't have it in white :/

I personally would've loved one of those New Generation Transformer Bumper cases if I didn't rely on my battery pack. Full aluminum but not as "practical" since if you ever want to clean your phone, you'd have to unscrew the corners and take it apart. A great case, just not as practical if you have a bit of OCD like me :p

Last edited:
I used the Speck Candyshell on my 4 and never had a problem. I have a couple that are mostly white. I bought one for my new 5 (wahoo!) and so far no problems with it looking dirty or yellow.

willerz2 said:
What they said ^

I have a Mophie Juice Pack Air Took about 6 months and it starting being distinctively light yellow.. :p

Man, 6 months would be great! I've purchased two rubberish type bumpers that started losing their color within days.