What's new

Is there a jailbreak for me?

thekleptoking

Reaction score
I have a iPhone 4 on 4.2.1 and a pc is there currently a jailbreak I can do that is untethered?

Welcome,

Untethered on 4.2.1 is only available on mac as it is still in beta testing....

Is there any kind of time table for a pc release cause the beta is pretty stable now

There's never any timetable with jailbreaks. 4.3 is not to far away and they already have an untetherd jailbreak for that. So they won't be bothered about 4.2.1 for much longer...

Before 10th of Feb for 4.3 to be released officially I was told by a developer.

Looking forward to an untethered JB. If you got your iphone from the shop with 4.2.1 on it like I did, you wont be able to have an untethered JB at all yet as you cant downgrade to 4.2b.

I wouldn't put money on 4.3 being released that day. 4.2 was delayed for a while due to wifi issues. That's why we have 4.2.1...

Before 10th of Feb for 4.3 to be released officially I was told by a developer.

Looking forward to an untethered JB. If you got your iphone from the shop with 4.2.1 on it like I did, you wont be able to have an untethered JB at all yet as you cant downgrade to 4.2b.

Yep thats just like me i got mine with 4.2.1 on it

You could always downgrade it if you have the SHSH files

I don't think you can... because we don't have the SHSH files... the SHSH files have to be from my iPhone right?

Because I / we only ever had 4.2.1, we have never been able to backup the SHSH files from older versions of the OS.

SHSH files are unique to every device. You don't need to be on a firmware to get the SHSH's if you use cydia, but you have to be able to load cydia when the firmwares are still being signed by apple...

SHSH files are unique to every device. You don't need to be on a firmware to get the SHSH's if you use cydia, but you have to be able to load cydia when the firmwares are still being signed by apple...

How do you do that that's wat i want to do I just got iphone4 v4.2.1 from the shop never been jailbroke but that's wat you need to downgrade I am a nOob but how. To get shsh out of this thing could i jailbreak then downgrade or somthing pls help or do I wait thanks

You my be able to downgrade. Apple are supposedly still giving out SHSH's for 4.1. Jailbreak your phone then press the make my life easier button in cydia. Then wait for it to fetch your SHSH's. It may take a few days but will go green and list the firmwares that its managed to get.

To be honest by the time you've done all that and the hassle there will most likley be an untethered jailbreak for 4.2.1 and 4.3 wont be far behind that...

Hey guys, I thought i would add to this thread instead of making a new one.

Basically I just got an iphone 4 yeasterday which already had 4.2.1 on it.

I really would like to unteathered jailbreak it but unfortunately I'm a PC user..

My question is, Am I able to do an unteathered jailbreak on a friends MAC? Even though I would be predominately using it on my PC?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated, thanks!