What's new

Is there a app where I can Blacklist texts or phone calls..

mebcb

Reaction score
I was wondering if there is a app where I can blacklist some of my texts? Where they dont show up in my inbox?

I jail broke mine but it would sut off and I would have to plug back into a computer, so I factory restored mine...

I know if you use Google Voice, you can log on through the web and block the calls that way. I don't think there's a way to block text messages though, I haven't seen that option. I just got my iPhone 4s a few days ago so I have yet to receive a call that I need to block and test it on the app itself to see can be blocked on there also. Google Voice can be used it to make calls and send text messages but I only use it for my voice mail.

You should call your service provider as some have a call manager service and/or
text blocking service.

I am on Rogers in Canada and they have such services, text messages can be
blocked by the way of using the Extreme Messaging service.

Calls can be blocked by using the call manager feature.

These services are Free in most account cases.

So check your provider.

I get several calls a day from an international number. The callers do not speak english and don't seem to know to stop calling. AT&T charges $5.99 to block calls, thing is they dont always call from the same number so blocking them by there number won't do much good. Is there a way to block all international calls, or at least all calls from a certain country.

P.S. where the hell are "211927912353" "256774721097" "+211955433126" coming from anyway?

You can try quick call divert app, it will divert calls of your selected numbers showing your cell is out of service.

Hope this will solve your issue.

Agreed with kingnba6. If your device is jailbroken, iBlacklist can block calls, SMS, and mms. The price tag is $12 but it can block calls, send em to voicemail or give busy or let it just keep ringing. It can block SMS or auto reply. It is a very nice tweak. Very useful for even blocked numbers, etc. and the trial will let you use 2 numbers for however long the trial is.

i blacklist on cydia if you are JBed

Agree; iBlackList from Cydia is the best I have come across.
But it HAS TO BE FROM CYDIA on a JB device....I beleive there are some in the regular app store called iblacklist, but they don't actually block, thye just add a "do not answer" contact pic...

I've heard that if you're on AT&T you can text "stop" to the number that's annoying you & it'll block them for $5.99/mo. I've never tried it though & I only hears it second-hand so check w your provider.

hey, i got an idea..this app (iTunes App Store) may help you.but i dont know if this chinese app available in english. the msg can be blocked if the text body contains words that you preset.