What's new

Is Theme Changing Safe ?

Niick

Reaction score
I've Heard Off Rumours That Iphone4 Cannot Change Themes Yet
Due To They Are Not Fully Supported Yet..

It May Cause Internal Problems & Eventually Boom Your Iphone As In Total Lost.

Im Not Sure About It So Im Here To Ask =)

Is iT Really Safe To Change our Themes ?

Can Anyone List Down Themes That Are Safe To Use For Iphone 4 ? ^^

Thanks In A Million If Someone Do So =)

Some themes are not supported due to the retina display. They just don't work unless you file the file names. Even then they will appear grainy. I've tried many themes with no problems. Some don't work some do.

I've never heard of the iPhone going "boom" for any jailbroken reason...

I jailbroke my iPhone and as gaz6076 said, some will work and some wont. Id say that its definitely safe to change your themes.

could you direct us to some themes we could use for iPhone 4 that are compatible so we don't need to trial and error ourselves :)

If it doesn't say HD or iPhone 4 compatible in the info then it probably won't work.

I'm currently using slanted lock HD as a lockscreen theme. I did use sublime lock HD but that has yet to be updated for 4.2.xx...

Either way, it isnt going to break your phone if it doesnt work. If in fact, after you use winterboard to load your theme and it doesnt look any different, just go back and delete the theme.

so ii just need to find & find out whether is it HD & 4.2 version ?

how long have you guys been using ?

any slow down happen Or anything problems accured ?

Ive been using it since the 4.2.1 untethered jailbreak came out. No slow down. No problems.

Changing themes is safe as long as they comply with the device you're using.

Glossica is a good theme, retina compatible and also great looking with no slow down.

guys is there like any STEPS i should follow to down the themes ?

im affraid i might press something wrong n dl cause problems.

after going in cydia what should ii be clicking first ?

Press sections then scroll down to themes. Theres loads of different types just choose the one you want... (complete, lockscreen, keyboard etc,)

i just go onto Cydia and download themes that specifically say its for the iPhone 4 Retina display. i havent had any problems with themes that didnt specify iPhone 4 from iPhone 3GS. if the themes were found to be dangerous as in blowing up your phone i dont think/i hope they wouldnt still be on Cydia!