What's new

Is The U.S. Apple Online Store Not Selling Factory Unlocked iPhone 5's?

5er driver

Reaction score
I was as hoping to order a factory unlocked model A1429 CDMA iPhone 5. In going through the online pre-order process there is no choice of GSM or CDMA, only a choice of carriers which will determine the type of phone.

Sent from my iPhone 4S or iPad 3rd gen, whichever I happened to have in my hands at the time, using iPF.net

Thanks. Guess I'll have to wait then.

Sent from my iPhone 4S or iPad 3rd gen, whichever I happened to have in my hands at the time, using iPF.net

In Best Buy, when did the UNLOCK iPhone 4s become available or would be great if anyone knows specific dates or exact number of weeks the UNLOCK became available in Apple store, Best Buy, amazon or other stores etc after 4S launch?

After thinking/researching big-time about his, it's best that I'll wait or for my sake - UNLOCK is the way to go. I travel a lot, sick & tired of carriers bs plus I can afford full retail and this iPhone looks like a jewelry, so worth it as I currently have IPhone 4 only.

Thanks in advance.

Last edited:
I hope the unlocked phone is cheaper than what AT+T is asking for the iPhone 5 I wanted (I have 8 months left on my 4s contract)

RandyM said:
I hope the unlocked phone is cheaper than what AT+T is asking for the iPhone 5 I wanted (I have 8 months left on my 4s contract)

What is AT&T asking!??

RandyM said:

I have AT&T I can get upgrade exceptions and maybe even an upgrade they were trying to upgrade my one BB line w a plain phone (10 yr olds line)
I can cancel her line for 200$ and just grab the iPhone 5 for 200$

njshoremom4gurlz said:
What is AT&T asking!??

They are ask $649.00 plus tax and $36.00 activation. So where I live thats somewhere around $724 total for me

Though not officially announced, you can look at the unlocked prices in other countries, convert the currency, and pretty much guarantee they will be $649, $749 and $849 unlocked in the US.