What's new

Is the battery life of the Iphone 5 going to be as bad as the Iphone 4S

Status
Not open for further replies.

DARRYL

Reaction score
I think I will wait to buy it until a few people purchase it to see if there's a difference in the battery life.Personally I'm not to optimistic

iBelieve them that it will last or even better than 4s since the battery is reportedly bigger. And that's why it took them so long to get on board with LTE, they kind of figured it out.

Anyway. am all right with iPhone 4 battery life as I heard from friends with Droids that theirs are much worse with or without LTE.

/ fanboyism .. thinking of buying the ______ as well.

Last edited:
I think I will wait to buy it until a few people purchase it to see if there's a difference in the battery life.Personally I'm not to optimistic
Your battery life depends on how you use the device, it differes for eveyone. The battery life on my iPhone 4S is around 32 hours per charge and I've had my iphone for about 7 months. I have a friend (also owns the iPhone 4S) who gets around 18 hours because she constantly streams movies. I'm actually amazed that her battery lasts as long as it does.

Regardless of how good or bad the battery life ends up being, people are going to complain that it doesn't last as long as they want, which is never long enough. Some folks aren't happy unless they're complaining about something.

These phones do a mind-boggling amount of work and we need to keep that in mind when thinking about its power source.

Last edited:
These phones do a mind-boggling amount of work and we need to keep that in mind when thinging about its power source.

Yep, it goes with the territory... Most smartphones - of any description - have a poor battery life if you use them to do anything other than look at the time twice a day on them! :)

Yep, it goes with the territory... Most smartphones - of any description - have a poor battery life if you use them to do anything other than look at the time twice a day on them! :)
I don't know, mine lasts a lot longer than I had expected. I use my phone for email, web surfing, these forums, instant messaging, Facebook, Twitter, balancing my checkbook, my only camera, calendar, notes, reminders, Siri, reading a book (kindle app).. and that's using it moderately every other day or so. I don't play games or stream movies, and I've been told that's why my battery life is as good as it is.

I won't complain, 32 hours isn't bad at all.

Definitely agree that battery life depends, roughly, 90% on how the user "uses" their phone and how well they condition the battery for truly full charges. We'll see next Friday and over the next few weeks how the iPhone 5's battery holds up. Until then.... CLOSED!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.