What's new

is my iPhone SIMLOCEKD!!

yelkahlout

Reaction score
Hi,

I have gotten my iphone 4 from someone who had originally bought it from England. I have no idea whether my iPhone is originally simfree or it was simunlocked by the first user. There is no way I can contact the guy I bought my iPhone from since I have bought it from the internet. I need this information before I update my iPhone OS4.0. Does anybody knows a way to check whether my iPhone is factory simfree or simlocked? I appreciate your help.

Thanks a lot,

If you put your sim in and it worked then it must be unlocked, unless you are on the same network as the person you bought it from.

I am using the phone in Turkey while it was originally bought from England. Therefore it is either factory sim free or someone has already sim unlocked it. This is what I want to learn before I update my iPhone.

Thanks for the reply

Check to see if Ultrasnow is installed in cydia. That's the unofficial unlocking tool. If it's not or you can't see cydia then it's safet to assume that you are officially unlocked...

you remove the sim and go to Settings>General>About>Carrier... if the carrier is empty or nothing, it means that its unlock..but if you can see the name of the carrier company under the Carrier its means that your iphone is locked..
i hope it clears you now...

Thanks a lot for your help. I found the Carrier: "Carrier 7.0" which is to the best of my knowledge is not a carrier name at least in England. Or is it a just set by the unlock procedure?

Never heard of that. I've lived in the uk all my life. Sounds like it's been unlocked. Did you check for ultrasnow...?

There is ultrasnow installed but I have the doubt that this iPhone that I have might be unncessarily unlocked. I tried to call iPhone to inquire about whether it is simlocked or not but I they did not help me. I heared that all iPhones in England where it was originally bought from are unlocked, that's why I have this confusion.

Thanks a lot for your time,

If it was purchased from apple direct, it would be unlocked. However, if it was purchased from a network it would definitely be locked unless they paid the £15 fee to have it properly unlocked (not through ultraslow). I hope this helps.

There is ultrasnow installed but I have the doubt that this iPhone that I have might be unncessarily unlocked. I tried to call iPhone to inquire about whether it is simlocked or not but I they did not help me. I heared that all iPhones in England where it was originally bought from are unlocked, that's why I have this confusion.

Thanks a lot for your time,

If it was factory unlocked then theres no need to install ultrasnow, but just to make sure, uninstall ultrasnow and see if your sim still works. If it doesn't then your not factory unlocked. Just install ultrasnow again if thatsthe case...